Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,754 Posts
I just saw a video by fasterproms on one - it has me hooked for getting one as my next daily.

It'll be a few years on the used market, but that orange, carbon trim and carbon brakes looks tits.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,384 Posts
How much depreciation are you guys anticipating on a three year old manual?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If this is truly the last V8 MT V, values will take a slight dip then shoot to the moon like a V wagon.

·
Premium Member
2012 V Coupe Auto with a view of the Moon
871 Posts
Should be against the law selling them over MSRP. At least too much over. Makes me mad this shits going on right now. Cuts a lot of peeps out of getting one I’m sure

·
Premium Member
2009 Sedan
1,365 Posts
Should be against the law selling them over MSRP. At least too much over. Makes me mad this shits going on right now. Cuts a lot of peeps out of getting one I’m sure
Why should it be against the law? the "S" in MSRP is suggested. If the dealers can mark them up $40,000 because there is not many available, that's up to them. Someone will buy it, or they will have to lower the price until someone WILL buy it.

·
Premium Member
1,384 Posts
I feel this was a swan song and prices will remain static due to the small build quantity and all were reservations that were sold quickly. A value adder is, this is a superior machine compared to the V3, albeit failed in styling.
The reservations were just the first batch of 250. Numbered plaques and all that. They will make as many as they can. All the shortages will definitely hamper their efforts though.

·
Registered
813 Posts
If this is truly the last V8 MT V, values will take a slight dip then shoot to the moon like a V wagon.
That’s what I’m afraid of…. We shall see.

·
Premium Member
17,754 Posts
Yeah, but the Wagons were "normal" depreciation for the first 3-5 years. I remember seeing lease turn ins for $45k all day long in 2013.

And then Top Gear USA happened.

So there will probably be a few years before demand outpaces supply.

·
Premium Member
1,384 Posts
Yeah, but the Wagons were "normal" depreciation for the first 3-5 years. I remember seeing lease turn ins for $45k all day long in 2013.

And then Top Gear USA happened.

So there will probably be a few years before demand outpaces supply.

Except that for the next year or 2 (or 3) there's no such thing as 'normal' depreciation and demand for all vehicles already outpaces supply. I just sold my regular-ass truck to Carvana for a $6k profit after 2 years of use.

Cadillac's pivot to all electric will just add the frenzy.

·
Premium Member
2012 V Coupe Auto with a view of the Moon
871 Posts
Why should it be against the law? the "S" in MSRP is suggested. If the dealers can mark them up $40,000 because there is not many available, that's up to them. Someone will buy it, or they will have to lower the price until someone WILL buy it.
I get your point, and respect it as well. However, car dealers continuously scam, take advantage of, and continuously screw over people, day in and day out! They take every last penny possible from innocent people with their manipulating scams. For them to take this opportunity right now during these times just really rubs me wrong loweredd.
I get it, supply and demand, parts shortages etc… bur F them! I admit I’m jaded, but they don’t deserve another dime over MSRP IMHO
Not a fan of’m as you can tell

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.