Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
101 - 109 of 109 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Shelby GT350
10 Posts
I got to do some laps in a CT5-V on a small track at Road America during the IMSA race weekend.
They encouraged us to hammer on the cars. We obliged.
Sweet cars to drive. And...Wow those brakes are incredible.

Here is a informative video by someone else. It shows the small track we were driving on.

·
Registered
790 Posts
I have to admit. The more and more I see the CT5-V Blackwing and some of the more "real world" videos like this one the more and more it's growing on me. I'm starting to like it's looks. It's the looks that are the biggest hurtle for me, which is the most subjective, and at many angles it looks great. But I love the overall package and performance offering. As previously mentioned in another thread I like that it has the interior space of the V3 without being quite as long as the V3.

I'm wondering if they'll do some sort of final "special" edition in the mid-late model years with identifiable aero, color, or increased power as a final send on the last ICE V-Cars.

·
Premium Member
16,622 Posts
I have to admit. The more and more I see the CT5-V Blackwing and some of the more "real world" videos like this one the more and more it's growing on me. I'm starting to like it's looks. It's the looks that are the biggest hurtle for me, which is the most subjective, and at many angles it looks great. But I love the overall package and performance offering. As previously mentioned in another thread I like that it has the interior space of the V3 without being quite as long as the V3.

I'm wondering if they'll do some sort of final "special" edition in the mid-late model years with identifiable aero, color, or increased power as a final send on the last ICE V-Cars.
I don't think they've ever added more power to a special edition- it's always just color / wheels / interior accents.

I think it might have to do with the costs in getting any changes to the Powerplant recertified vs the expected volume of sales.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
855 Posts
After seeing them in person, my final answer is...meh. My next car will be a Lambo or McLaren, but if Cadillac wanted me in a Blackwing, they would...
1. Make a special edition featuring:
a. Only available as a wagon
b. Only available in one color, satin black
c. Only available with a manual transmission
d. LT5 engine
e. Carbon ceramic brakes and magnesium wheels
f. More aggressive carbon aero
g. Carbon fiber hood with vent
h. Fender flares able to fit up to a 355 rear tire
i. Limited edition with each car numbered
j. A Blackwing badge on the rear
k. Doors that don't clunk like an '85 Cutlass
l. Removal of the horrible C-pillar
m. A subwoofer

I'm sure I have more on my wish list, but that's all I can think of for now, lol.

·
Registered
3,378 Posts

·
Registered
3,064 Posts
Yeah thats the same blue manual one that all the youtubers have been testing out.

Honestly I kinda want a blue one with a manual like that in a few years. Not as nice as the V3 vector blue or whatever it was called but I might just sell my V2 and pick one of these up eventually. The interior and handling seems nice even if it is pretty boring looking.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I saw a few Blackwings at Petit LeMans in the Cadillac VIP group. I had my V3 in the group. The V4 just does not look aggressive as the V3. Losing the hood vent, the carbon fiber hood, the angles and the trunk notch make it look like a euro car. Can’t argue with the drivetrain and brakes but the exterior side view is really not exciting. The Cadillac engineers liked my Pedestal and made several comments about it.

i also offered to beta test the carbon brakes on my V3. they suggested it would not work due to different components on the back axles and different ABS programming to support the different brake capability dynamics.

Tire Car Vehicle Wheel Automotive tire

·
Registered
359 Posts
I saw a few Blackwings at Petit LeMans in the Cadillac VIP group. I had my V3 in the group. The V4 just does not look aggressive as the V3. Losing the hood vent, the carbon fiber hood, the angles and the trunk notch make it look like a euro car. Can’t argue with the drivetrain and brakes but the exterior side view is really not exciting. The Cadillac engineers liked my Pedestal and made several comments about it.

i also offered to beta test the carbon brakes on my V3. they suggested it would not work due to different components on the back axles and different ABS programming to support the different brake capability dynamics.

View attachment 155129
Very nice Pedestal! Agreed, not very aggressive at all and definitely heavy on euro styling. The drivetrain is a dream for most of us, stuffed into a V2! Any of the ct6-v’s show up?

101 - 109 of 109 Posts