Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
81 - 100 of 109 Posts

·
Premium Member
475 Posts
You know, I have been thinking about these replies. I have been a huge fan of what Cadillac has been doing.

I thought about why I have enjoyed my high performance cars. It starts back in the 60's. Except for badging, the high performance ones looked like the regular models.

In the 70's, assuming one could call anything high performance, they still looked like the regular models.

In the 80's, another ho hum decade, it is hard to know since nothing was high performance and everything was ugly.

In the 90's things are beginning to perk up. I bought a 1990 SHO. It looked like the base model Taurus. People were always surprised to find out what it really was. I began to perk again.

In the 00's it really picked up. My bad attitude on performance finally began to turn around. I found about the V1 through a friend of mine. I was stunned. I found an 05 immediately. Put 179,000 miles on it before I totaled it.

Damn the luck. Now I am forced now to buy a 2010 V2. Put 208,000 miles on it. Sold it. Looked at a V3. The automatic killed it. It is hard to trust GM and automatics.

I was forced to buy a 2018 Z07. This is the first car I had to introduce myself to and hope it would accept me. This car has too much power. Any car that can break the tires loose and have the rear end moving at 85 mph is way overpowered! But it has done wonders for my testosterone levels. Enough that I love it now.

Then I found out about the CT5 V. Damn again. I will be forced into one of them now.

The common denominator, except for the Z07, is that these cars were stealth cars. Badging may be different. Aero may be different. But they look like the base models, just with horns and a fork. I think Cadillac is doing a great job and having a great time building a world class car. Anyone complaining here has forgotten the heritage and the approach that Cadillac has taken. If someone wants an American made muscle car that looks and sounds bad, the Z07 is perfect. However, it is NOT a road car. It is a world class track car.

The CT5 will be a road car in spades. All of the high performance sedans I have owned, SHO, V1, and V2 were world class, at their time, road cars. Cadillac has continued its improvement. The CT4 will be the best to date, and I will argue the best Cadillac of all time. AND, shockingly, comes from GM. AND from a division that is flexing its muscle. Name another GM division, absent Chevrolet in a very narrow segment, that has done that. These improvements are almost across their lines. Who would have thought?

Cadillac is making fabulous high performance road cars. Ones you can climb in and go 1,000 miles. In total comfort. Always innovating. Always improving. That is exactly what everyone is looking for in a car brand.

I never have driven a single high performance car I have bought and I have never been dissapointed. Cadillac has conntinued to build and continued to improve a high performance road car. I am with them 100% of the way.

So it may look like a CT5. Wait, I think it supposed to look like a CT5. Think about it.
Welcome to being a minority (with me) in an already very small group. Even the Pinto had fans...
It’s too early to tell, but besides having the manual I want badly, I am thinking the BW will offer incrementally better performance compared to the V3.
If not, I would stick with the V3 because it is definitely a better looking car (than the BW).

·
Premium Member
475 Posts
I think if you’re coming from a v2 perhaps makes sense. Coming from a v3 I’m not so sure.
I’m not sure yet either, but I was impressed by how the CT5-V (we all know it is a v-sport at best) did on the Lightning Lap. I am thinking the BW will test drive will convince me to buy it. For me, its all speculation until the car is tested and compared to the V3.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I’m not sure yet either, but I was impressed by how the CT5-V (we all know it is a v-sport at best) did on the Lightning Lap. I am thinking the BW will test drive will convince me to buy it. For me, its all speculation until the car is tested and compared to the V3.
I predict it will be incrementally better than a V3. Meaning better but not leaps and bounds better in terms of lap times. We already know straight line performance isn't better. They showing roughly same 0-60 times as a v3.

·
Registered
2017 Cadillac CTS-V
527 Posts
Soooo...same performance as a V3 w/ $1500 it...and the look as bland as a Camry. This car is everything that's wrong with Cadillac. They should've just given up on the release of the 2021 4-V & 5-V

Speaking of which, I'm convinced the BW only exists because GM had 6.2L engine blocks and heads laying around, and the BIG release of the 4-V and 5-V flopped on its ass. This is just a blatant money grab for anyone dumb enough to fall for a manual Camry. Oh, and thanks for the smaller S/C rotors and "upgraded" exhaust. Total joke, and for only $113k!

·
Premium Member
1,203 Posts
Soooo...same performance as a V3 w/ $1500 it...and the look as bland as a Camry. This car is everything that's wrong with Cadillac. They should've just given up on the release of the 2021 4-V & 5-V

Speaking of which, I'm convinced the BW only exists because GM had 6.2L engine blocks and heads laying around, and the BIG release of the 4-V and 5-V flopped on its ass. This is just a blatant money grab for anyone dumb enough to fall for a manual Camry. Oh, and thanks for the smaller S/C rotors and "upgraded" exhaust. Total joke, and for only $113k!
I'm with you on the bland looks. Actually, I think Caddy was intentionally going for the sleeper vibe and went a little too far in that direction. But the rest.... That's definitely not how vehicle development works, LOL

·
Registered
510 Posts
I like that it's overall size is smaller. right between the V2 and V3, and lighter. I never got used to the length and the physical feel of the V3. felt long. I dig the size of the CT5. Same interior size as V3 pretty much, but in a smaller exterior. the hood I need to see in person, but if thats it, then a hood is easy enough to replace. Maybe it'll sell like shit and tank in value. Fine with me, especially if Gm stays true to their "EV by 2035" bullshit.(I have my doubt though, GM saying that for subsidies)

·
Registered
4 Posts
...also I'm surprised there isn't much talk about the new tires. These bespoke PS4 S tires have more R compound than anything else if I read right. Now I have to figure out how to get them on my V3!
The pilot sport 2 R is a stickier tire... these are just as good as the regular cup 2s.

I see your points. Just let me know what 4 passenger car you end up buying for $85K-$120K, because I might learn something. At this point, I am tempted to sell the V3 (pending a satisfying BW test drive).
I’m not a rich guy, so I do consider cost of ownership as well...
Why would you go from the V3 to the new model? You can keep yours swap a pulley, tune and change exhaust and intake tube with filter and make more than it does! Plus your V3 looks great! That new thing is hideous! Looks like an old Honda accord or Kias stinger! Cadillac messed up the design on this one! Hoping it's the last! I have a 2015 V2 coupe and was looking to get the V3 as soon as I paid it off... but now imma go C8 Z06 for my next vehicle!!!

·
Premium Member
475 Posts
The pilot sport 2 R is a stickier tire... these are just as good as the regular cup 2s.

Why would you go from the V3 to the new model? You can keep yours swap a pulley, tune and change exhaust and intake tube with filter and make more than it does! Plus your V3 looks great! That new thing is hideous! Looks like an old Honda accord or Kias stinger! Cadillac messed up the design on this one! Hoping it's the last! I have a 2015 V2 coupe and was looking to get the V3 as soon as I paid it off... but now imma go C8 Z06 for my next vehicle!!!
#1) I put 37,000 miles per year on my “work” cars, so my V3 is leaving one way or another (long commute). #2) I am not chasing the extra horsepower of the BW, although I do appreciate it. I am really interested in the entire new driving experience. The new brakes, the Alpha2 platform, and new chassis tuning are all appealing to me. #3) I am very excited to get back in a manual again. Finally, I think/hope the BW will be lighter than the V3. If I just needed the horsepower, I would jump into a Hellkitty and be done with Cadillac.
As for looks, I like the V3 best, but the BW looks great to me. I want a sleeper. I am fine if it looks like a “Camry”. Like most who skipped the German badges to buy their V; I have no one to impress but me. I will be impressed if the BW drives better than the V3. All I am reading indicates the BW will be an incremental improvement over the V3.
And... while a lot more expensive than my V1 was, what the heck else can I buy for an base price of $85K (that would be a well rounded 4 door car to compete with the BW)?

·
Registered
70 Posts

Why go from a V3? Automatic transmission.

·
Premium Member
2,766 Posts
I like the CT5-V Blackwing and if I still had my V2 sedan, this would be a no-brainer to upgrade. However, I own a manual wagon now, and this would not be the upgrade for me. It’s something I’d lease as a daily driver, but not keep. I think Cadillac will sell all they can make.

Reactions: nsaness

·
Registered
13 Posts
well, all of the neh sayers will be happy that some of us V3 owners will be selling them now....if those people are really ready to put up the $70-75k considering the V3's values have gone up in the last few weeks hahahaha

·
Registered
510 Posts
well, all of the neh sayers will be happy that some of us V3 owners will be selling them now....if those people are really ready to put up the $70-75k considering the V3's values have gone up in the last few weeks hahahaha
word. I sold my V3 for $800 less than what I paid for it over 2 years ago. values went up due to all this mess.

·
Premium Member
573 Posts
I like that it's overall size is smaller. right between the V2 and V3, and lighter. I never got used to the length and the physical feel of the V3. felt long. I dig the size of the CT5. Same interior size as V3 pretty much, but in a smaller exterior. the hood I need to see in person, but if thats it, then a hood is easy enough to replace. Maybe it'll sell like shit and tank in value. Fine with me, especially if Gm stays true to their "EV by 2035" bullshit.(I have my doubt though, GM saying that for subsidies)
Yes, with a nicer hood, that might do it! ;)
Car Automotive side marker light Vehicle Land vehicle Automotive parking light

·
Registered
19 Posts
Late to the party, but I'm pretty disappointed no AWD. This is something I'd drive in the city for most of the year, that much power is so much better with AWD. A coupe would have been nice too. Oh well

81 - 100 of 109 Posts