Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
1 - 20 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Anyone know what they did different on the 2022 CT5-V to up the hp to 668?

·
Registered
150 Posts
Anyone know what they did different on the 2022 CT5-V to up the hp to 668?
V3 is 640hp. Z06 and ZL1 are 650hp. Same motor except the lids are different. Some V3 owners swap the V lid for the ZL1 lid to pickup hp.
668hp... a slight more aggressive tune maybe?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Savoy

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
uhhh, maybe the lid makes 10 hp or maybe not. I thought the main difference was wet sump vs. dry sump due to friction.

·
Registered
2017 Cadillac CTS-V
516 Posts
Absolutely NOTHING impressive about this car. Cadillac fucking deserves to go bankrupt. They should've quit trying after last year's disappointing rollout of both the CT4-V & CT5-V. After that, they re-name the car after an engine it'll never have and subsequently dilute their "halo" marque. Now, the big reveal/letdown unveils what basically looks like a 2021 CT5-V with no distinct "separators," no AWD, and the same engine. Only thing they scored on was the manual. Other than that? FAIL

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The supercharged 6.2-liter V-8 returns for an encore performance from the previous CTS-V with intake and exhaust improvements that bump its output from 640 hp and 630 pound-feet to 668 and 659, respectively, this time around. Although the Eaton four-lobe supercharger still displaces 1.7 liters, it now has smaller-diameter rotors to improve response.

car and driver

·
Premium Member
2,963 Posts
Quoted from motortrend:

" The Blackwing's big, forced-inducted V-8's extra power—28 additional horses and 29 more lb-ft of torque compared to the LT4 in the third generation CTS-V, the car the CT5-V Blackwing mostly replaces—comes primarily from a combination of a new 1.7-liter Eaton supercharger, 46 percent more airflow into the intake plenums, new throttle bodies, and a new exhaust system. "

·
Premium Member
2,963 Posts
And this quoted from motortrend also, probably squashes any hope of AWD
" Like the previous CTS-V, the CT5-V Blackwing remains rear-wheel drive only. As Caddy's chief engineer global luxury and performance cars, Brandon Vivian, said when asked about why there's no all-wheel-drive option: "If it doesn't make the car faster on a racetrack, we don't put it on the car." "

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Yet they stupidly insisted on a four door only model, when two doors would have made the car lighter and so, faster on the track. So clearly they do put shit on the car that doesn't make it faster on the race track.

If they made a Coupe I'd go down and buy one now. But I don't like four doors on a performance car. What that says to me is "I'm not really a performance car, I'm just a family sedan with a bigger motor".

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
Beautiful. I’ll be getting an M6 version here when I can. Probably my last ICE car I buy.

Reactions: subaru335i

·
Registered
510 Posts
Did one of the live walk arounds with Cadillac. Would have liked longer but it was weird. lol. Link should be live soon.

·
Registered
114 Posts
The problem is these cars in their normal trim aren’t sexy enough to begin with. There’s really nothing striking about them that says I have to have this. So even in their best sexiest trim as a full blown V they still don’t blow you away.
Don’t get me wrong I’m glad Cadillac and gm didn’t abandon the V series and made new models but this still feels like a half asses hold over attempt at their last performance ice cars. Half hearted imo. Performance wise it’s cool. Exterior and interior meh no.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
magnesium wheels with carbon-ceramic brake$$$$$ will reduce a lot of rational mass = improved acceleration. Will be expensive, but wonder if they will fit the CTS-V. 305 standard rear tires now.

·
Registered
150 Posts
magnesium wheels with carbon-ceramic brake$$$$$ will reduce a lot of rational mass = improved acceleration. Will be expensive, but wonder if they will fit the CTS-V. 305 standard rear tires now.
I do not see where the talk of magnesium wheels made it to production unless I missed it.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I do not see where the talk of magnesium wheels made it to production unless I missed it.

It says magnesium wheels coming later. Maybe not in 2022.

1 - 20 of 107 Posts