Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having an impossible time finding options for winter tires. I want to get a second set of Rims and Winter tires. What have you allused or recommend - Size and Brand :mad:

·
Registered
101 Posts
I drive in winter but have Continental DWS as she is a daily driver. Got by last winter just fine around Chicago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
DWS are good all season tires. But if you are going with separate sets of dedicated summer/winter there are much better snow tires.

Reactions: nsaness

·
Premium Member
12,924 Posts
im going to assume he just wants all seasons to drive when it gets colder, not to drive in the snow?

i have general gmax all seasons, my rear tires are a size smaller than stock. I am strictly cold weather only once there is a hint of snow I drive my pickup and wont take the car out until the roads have been washed by a good rain.
its not like you need the EXACT size as stock, so long as you maintain the same overall height you will be good to go

·
Registered
8 Posts
im going to assume he just wants all seasons to drive when it gets colder, not to drive in the snow?

i have general gmax all seasons, my rear tires are a size smaller than stock. I am strictly cold weather only once there is a hint of snow I drive my pickup and wont take the car out until the roads have been washed by a good rain.
its not like you need the EXACT size as stock, so long as you maintain the same overall height you will be good to go
Exactly! I live in NC so it's for when the temperature drops. I figured running a 265/35 Front and 285/30 Pilot sport A/S 3+ in the rear wouldn't be any worse as its only roughly a 3mm difference in height in the rear.

·
Registered
101 Posts
What size rear in the DWS are you running?
Had 295/30/19 but they discontinued that size. I’m now 285/30/19 in the rear. Stock wheels.

Reactions: Brandan

·
Registered
101 Posts
Are you V3 guys able to do a squared setup for winter tires?
You would get more life out of them that way.
Yes you can do that and utilize spacers to keep the back spacing and fitment. Rotate them every winter season.

·
Registered
101 Posts
No need for spacers. Just run 265/35R19's on all 4 corners.
I was assuming he would use another set of wheels in which case you can get the offset the same and not have to physically rotate the tires.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
what size rims would you use for a square setup to maintain the factory look
please excuse my ignorance on offset, if i purchase aftermarket wheels do they have to match the factory offset or does it vary based on the design of the wheel. I can find options for a 19x8.5 and 19x9.5 but factory is 19x9.5 ET23 and 19x10 ET39 .. apprecaite any help or reccomendation. I want to get aftermarket rims with snow tires and want to maintain as close to factory as possible.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts