Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was hearing noise - from what I thought was coming from my right front – that I took to my local dealer to fix. But of course, it ended up in the old “can’t reduplicate.”

Well on my third trip to the dealer, I apparently said the magic phrase, “sounds like I’m driving over a rumble strip.”

As it turned out the noise was feel was coming from my eight-speed transmission.

GM has a notice out on all eight-speed transmissions, where all of the fluid needs to be flushed and replace.

It’s free if you use the magic phrase, if not it could cost you more than $600.00.

Fortunately it was a quick (4-6 hours) turnaround.

·
Premium Member
2,943 Posts
That's a common problem with the A8. It's referred to as transmission shudder.
It'll likely take a couple of more flushes before it's completely gone.

·
Banned
72 Posts
Is the noise gone now?
I’m having this issue on my ‘13 coupe. Any chance there’s a similar recall or fix?

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
Is the noise gone now?
I’m having this issue on my ‘13 coupe. Any chance there’s a similar recall or fix?
no

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
Is the noise gone now?
You have a V2 it doesn't have the 8 speed. Is yours an auto?
I have never heard of this type of a thing on a V2.

·
Banned
72 Posts
You have a V2 it doesn't have the 8 speed. Is yours an auto?
I have never heard of this type of a thing on a V2.
Fully aware it doesn’t have the A8, it’s an A6. I’m not saying the sound or feeling is the trans recall, but the description from the OP is similar to what I am experiencing.

·
Registered
38 Posts
That's a common problem with the A8. It's referred to as transmission shudder.
It'll likely take a couple of more flushes before it's completely gone.
how many flushes did it take you? I’ve had it flushed once and it’s starting to shutter again

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Is the noise gone now?
Yes. I haven’t heard or felt anything.

how many flushes did it take you? I’ve had it flushed once and it’s starting to shutter again
So far I’ve only had one flush. I hope this is it.
But I take it back if it returns.

So far I’ve only had one flush. I hope this is it.
But I will take it back if it returns.
One... so far. Fingers crossed.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
This not good. 🤬🤬🤬. I hate wasting my time running back and forth to the dealer.
I’m still a little ticked off that they knew about this, and I had to go in there three times before they caught a clue.

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
This not good. 🤬🤬🤬. I hate wasting my time running back and forth to the dealer.
I’m still a little ticked off that they knew about this, and I had to go in there three times before they caught a clue.
Yeah it is definitely a known issue with the A8.
Some people even had to get a new Torque Converter.

This is why it is such a big deal the new CT5-V Black wing is using the newer better 10 speed (or manual for the real men ;))

·
Registered
78 Posts
Same problem on my 2016, and my dealer try with a flush, but the Problem was still there. The next step was a new TQ, after that the Problem was gone and don`t come back since 2 Years :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Same problem on my 2016, and my dealer try with a flush, but the Problem was still there. The next step was a new TQ, after that the Problem was gone and don`t come back since 2 Years :)
For real men?! Talk about cutting someone with a rusty spoon... LOL! I can only wish I had the option of a manual, or even a 10 speed for that matter.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts