Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a called today from a Cadillac dealer offering the car in the title with only 9k
Plus 6yrs and 100k miles bumper to bumper warranty.

They gave me $31k for the 2015 Champ with 2 minor fender benders. Vin numbers and pics and some history of the car.

Dealership 5 hrs away.

GM offer me @2.9% for 72 months.Scratching my head on this
Payment $856.

Need some advice from the community.

Anyone have experience with these CT6 AWD Turbo?

I needed a 4 door.

Here's the same car but at way lower price.

2019 Cadillac CT6 at Cadillac of Jackson | VIN : 1G6KP5R68KU144967

Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
"Need" is the crucial word.

No way to go to a V3?

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I been looking around, my budget is $55k.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I just bought one to replace my Shelby Raptor of all things. They depreciate like crazy, so if you’re ok with that, pick one up. I picked mine up as a 2017 CPO with 34k miles through Cadillac for $30k; keep in mind this was an $80k car new. Mine has the same engine and specs, the only real difference is the better 10 speed auto, the updated front/rear fascias and the interior carbon fiber bits on the 2019 model. If those are worth $10-20k, by all means pick one up, but it was not worth it to me.

I was tracking prices on them for 6 months and they have all been falling like rocks, even the V’s are starting to sell in the mid $70’s. My plan was to get one to put miles on and wait for the V’s to drop into the $50-60k range, but given everything going on, that might happen a lot sooner than I planned. I honestly would wait if you can, the 2019 sports are a great buy at around $50k, but $55k is a bit high. They might be motivated to sell it though, the dealers I all talked to definitely were, so definitely negotiate. People just want crossovers and SUV’s now, the big sedans are dying.

That being said, it is a fantastic car and rides much better than my Vagon and is a wayyyyyy more comfortable cruiser, I love it. And mine had those all season floor mats, they were way too slippery for me, so try and get the cloth to feel more planted. Sorry for the long winded post, but I just wanted to share my experience with the car and hope it helps you.

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Long write up is what I needed, I'm looking at this car and never drove one so I think I will find one in my area and take it for a drive. I really appreciate your knowledge on this matter, after reading what you paid for yours I'm starting feel like a SUCKER if I commit to this new car @ that price. I was thinking the 3.0 turbo can be tuned not sure.

I only like Cadillac brand and Audi S line, ie RS7, S7, anything with some power. I even consider a 4 door V2 or a unicorn lol. Thank you..

·
Registered
16 Posts
IPF has a canned tune for them, but looking at the numbers to the wheels, it’s seems like it’s not much of an upgrade:

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I see what you saying price is right but not much power . Thanks again bud.

Does your CT6 drive like a boat these some big fk cars LOL

·
Registered
16 Posts
Not at all, it feels a lot smaller than it is, not much different from the Vagon really. I’ve driven newer S8’s and RS7’s, it’s a nice middle ground between those 2. In fact it’s a lot more like the e-class, 5 series, a/s7 than it is like the s-class, 7 series and a/s8. It’s big, but it’s not like driving a land yacht like the older big caddy’s.

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
16 Posts
I drove a 2019 with the 3.6, they are ok and take 87 instead of 93, but I wanted more power and went with the 3.0tt. As far as the luxury compared to the other trims, they usually have the analog gauges on either side of a digital screen, where the others have the full digital gauges like the sport/V have, which I preferred. As far as options, the panaray system, HUD, rear view mirror camera, heated steering wheel and ventilated/heated seats are must have in my opinion, they take the car from good to great. I have night vision and the all wheel steering on mine, but they aren’t really worth the extra coin.

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm looking for the platinum piece with all the bells and whistles with the exception of the self driving car on the highway (Super Cruise)

We not ready for that yet.lol
I did get in a CT5 SPORT V, today for $49k 2.0tt

Didn't drive it but that batch was nice.

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Came home today with a loaner

2017 CT6

3.6L and lux pkg, 33k miles, asking $28k
3yr /100k warranty.

She going back.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Came home today with a loaner

2017 CT6

3.6L and lux pkg, 33k miles, asking $28k
3yr /100k warranty.

She going back.

How did you like the shifter?

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It was good and strong but felt like a v6 okay power .

Hit 90mph and felt a little vibration, not sure what that was about.

Wife loves with the car,

I prefer the 3.0tt which I found a few but almost $12 grand more plus it had all the bells.

Drove the Champ today and I fell in love with her again and again.

Ask my wife if I can keep the Champ and get the CT6 also, she gave me the look and laugh at me.

That's 1 roomy car..

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
It was good and strong but felt like a v6 okay power .

Hit 90mph and felt a little vibration, not sure what that was about.

Wife loves with the car,

I prefer the 3.0tt which I found a few but almost $12 grand more plus it had all the bells.

Drove the Champ today and I fell in love with her again and again.

Ask my wife if I can keep the Champ and get the CT6 also, she gave me the look and laugh at me.

That's 1 roomy car..

I didn't like the way operation of it, but glad you did.

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Fkn teasing myself this morning.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
I know we all make hard decisions....good luck.

·
Premium Member
2,671 Posts
Why not a V3 for similar money to what you are looking at?

·
Registered
16 Posts
V3’s are still holding strong in the 50’s-60’s, I looked at them as well before getting the ct6. But I wanted to avoid high miles and wanted the CF package or pedestal edition, so it was a bit more. Also I have a 700whp unicorn, so getting something that similar is kinda meh, but it does make sense for OP if he is thinking about unloading his v2. I’m still holding out for a Blackwing though, just gotta wait till they come down.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts