Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

2019 Cadillac Attack

12K views 35 replies 18 participants last post by  coVid19-V 
#1 ·
We are at it again with the best event of the year for CTS-V and Zl1 owners. The event is set for February the 9th 2019 at Orlando Speed World. There will be a private track rental the day before at the track as well for an additional cost. There will also be the normal test and tune that Friday evening put on by the track. Admission for that is $12.00 and an additional $10.00 to race.

The cost for the event on the 9th will be the same as last year at $100.00 and $25.00 to spectate . Cal will be taking the payments via Paypal for the Actual Event please leave in the comments the year, make and model of your car as well as your t-shirt size. Spectators will just pay at the gate.

gatorsfan88@gmail.com

Prepayment details:
I will be taking the payments via Paypal for the Actual Event. By pre-paying you receive:
1) Race entry to the event
2) Event T-Shirt ($25 value)
3) Raffle ticket. This is very important. The last two years we gave away sponsorship prizes to 90% of the raffle tickets. These prizes are more valuable than the $100 cost of the ticket. This means you have an 90% chance of attending for free (or getting paid). Because of this, we always have several people prepay for a race ticket who have no intention of racing just to win prizes and get the $25 shirt. I encourage this.

Please PAYPAL "GIFT" to gatorsfan88@gmail.com
Please leave in the comments what class you intend to run, the year, make and model of your car, as well as your t-shirt size.

Spectators will just pay at the gate.

If you don't prepay, the cost is still $100 at the gate to race. What you won't receive is the Event T-shirt or the raffle ticket

DEADLINE TO PREPAY IS MIDNIGHT, December 31st

Any Vehicle with an LSA is allowed to participate in the event plus all generations of the CTS-V, The Gen 5 ZL1 Camaro , and the Gen 6 ZL1 Camaro. There will be classes for the Ctsv and if we have enough for additional classes they will be added as needed for the Camaro's. Please keep in mind you will need to purchase a Saturday race ticket to be eligible for the event prizes.

Here are a few new classes we would like to see if we have 8 people signed up for the class.

Queen of The V's which will be a female driver only class. It will be blower only and the car that is run during this class will have to be driven by the girl for the entire event and not by any other driver.

6th gen class

Manual Class

G8/SS Class

The hotel this year will be the Double Tree by Hilton Orlando East-UCF Area.
12125 High Tech Avenue
Orlando, Flordia 32817
(407)-275-9000

This is the one that most of us stayed at the first year with the huge parking lot area, so we should have zero issues this year with trailer parking and what not. We do have a special rate of $122.00 for either a king room or double queen bed room with no breakfast included. WE do have it setup if you wish to have breakfast for two its 143.00. The rate was discounted as well for us on that. I will list the link below to book. We did also setup up a block of rooms for people arriving on Thursday evening.

http://group.doubletree.com/ctsvshoot-out-courtesyroomblock

You will be able to enter two "Blower Only" classes if you elect to. This won't cost you any more money and gives you two chances to win. I did this to try and give everyone more track time. I would hate for our long distance travelers to go out early and not enjoy the event.

Here's the stipulations:
You will only be allowed to enter two "Blower Only" classes
You MUST have Drag Radials in every class but the 19" class
You MUST meet the minimum requirements for every class you elect to run.
You can still run the "All Out Class"

The run order will be 19", 17", 15", All Out. We are hoping for 30 minutes between rounds and 30 minutes between classes once we start racing. This means things will get real busy after we start

Class rules:
We will have 3 "Blower Only" classes and 1 "All Out" class. plus any of the others proposed that have 8 signed up to race. Here are the "Blower Only" Class Rules:

19" Tire Class:
Stock 1.9 Blower (may be ported)
19" or larger rims on rear
Minimum weight w/driver 4500# (see exceptions below)
Complete stock interior
Complete Exhaust
No Nitrous
This class is intended for the daly driver type car running in the 10.5-11.5 range

17" Tire Class:
Stock style Blower (may be 2.3, ZR1, Heartbeat... but has to be a stock style. No Procharger, BDS, etc..)
17" or larger rims on rear
Minimum weight w/driver 4300# (see exceptions below)
Complete Exhaust
No Nitrous
This class is intended for the street/strip type car running in the 9.5-10.5 range

15" Tire Class:
Stock style Blower (may be 2.3, ZR1, Heartbeat... but has to be a stock style. No Procharger, BDS, etc..)
15" or larger rims on rear
Minimum weight w/driver 4150#
No Nitrous
This class is intended for the dragstrip type car running in the 9.0-9.5 range

-150 weight break for stock 1.7 blower (V3 & ZL1)
+200 weight penalty for (15" tire in 17" class or 17"tire in 19" class)

In the " All Out" Class, anything goes at 4100#
400# weight penalty for a non stock style suspension.

Any Questions please feel free to pm Myself or Michael

We are looking forward to racing and seeing everyone in Florida in 2019.

See less See more
#2 ·
Any decision on the ATSVsports? Heard you were thinking about adding them.

#5 ·
R, I just got the 18" wheels and want to run them. I'm hoping I can squeeze in the 19" class, since I don't think there really is any big advantage over the 19" vs the 17" .
You need to buy my 19" Nitto DR's... lol For a coupe.. :)

Reactions: Blades1_99
#10 ·
Looks like I need to pull out a little weight and make one small change. Not sure whether I’ll go
15” blower only or all out but I might even run both classes.
If nobody wants to buy it I might as well run it.

#25 ·
I'll be there too. Should be a lot of fun and hope I get to meet a few of you folks there as well. Just finished the Fore fuel system and a few other goodies. Looking forward to the trip.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

#26 ·
#32 ·
Thanks for posting that Jeff!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

#34 · (Edited)
Maybe im asking a stupid question please don’t flame me as this is my first post on here, I would like to go to the event and run my car however I see for the 19” class it says 4500 with driver, I googled the curb weight on the 09 ctsv which is what I have and it says 4222lbs....does this mean I will need to add weight to the car or am I overlooking something here. Also is this going on for 2020

#35 ·
You coupe, sedan or wagon? either way these things are sleds. My 09 sedan is a manual car and I'm still right @ 4500#. And the event is pretty casual and everyone in classes like that are there for fun. So if your car is not stripped down to save weight, if you are a little under because you are a skinny guy, but are close to the requirement it should not be a big deal. You have to weigh (if you win) and have to be within a % of your recorded weight. Again it's a great event, I'm sure Cal Hartline with be talking about it soon. He mostly shares the event on FB CTSV pages.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.