Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
281 - 290 of 290 Posts

·
Registered
611 Posts
V3 values have gone up in hte past 4 mths. I have been looking since spring. 17's use to be low 60's now high 60's and in the low 70's range. I saw 19's in the upper 70's. I'm sure there are a few deals out there. just have to watch. but I wanted a specific car. Loaded up Crystal white.. and 2nd would be Satin black Metallic. but that was late 18 and 19 color only so a higher price out of my budget. my budget was 65k. I paid 68k for my loaded up 17 and certified..

·
Registered
3,304 Posts
Huh? Didnt age well? he posted that in December 2019, the cars have only went up in value since his post....seems like your post is the only thing that isnt aging well bud.

People also said this same crap when the V3 was coming out that it was going to kill the V2 market but nicer lower mile V2s can still bring 35-45k and youve got wagons selling for 60-70k or more still with desirable trims. Hell, an opulent blue 6M wagon just went for 90k on BAT

I dont see a brand new car that will prob end up being 90-100k impacting the V3 market too much when we are talking used cars in the 55-65k range, thats a large price gap and for what? its got the same engine, most people seem to think its uglier, the ct5 loaners ive driven felt very cheap compared to my V3, the only thing that really interests me is the better transmissions, bu for a 30-40k dollar price gap, im ok with the better looking, better built V3 with the worse trans.

Youve got a ton of former V2 owners and people in general that prob wouldnt mind hopping into a V3 used over the next few years and theres not a ton of them out there, I think they will hold their values well.

View attachment 147694

Values went up simply because the entire used car market went up. lol
Correlation =/= causation

Literally all used car values went up significantly. 👐

·
Registered
2018 CTS V
1 Posts
Reviving this old thread to see what’s happening with everyone’s v3.
I have an 18’ bought preowned with 21k miles. Car is perfect what could go wrong right?? Anyway fast forward to today with 24000 miles and the shudder is here and getting worse. I’m only feeling it when the cars being driven slowly (babied). I tried switching out of Tour to Sport etc but the shudder still happens. Mostly when cruising freeway under light throttle (medium traffic rolling 40-60). When the car is actually driven, hammered, downshifted and hammered, or accelerating hard through gears there is no problem at all. This is why I don’t believe it’s anything mechanical.
I assumed there may be issues with all of the electronic bullshit and conveniences built in (lane departure, auto parking etc) but I reallly think this is a v8 to v4 fuel saver issue. The computer is twitchy and the car doesn’t know if it’s going or coming lol.
Def a software issue GM won’t admit. They aren’t going to replace everyone’s trans in escalate Denali vettes not Vs and they don’t have to if it doesn’t kill anyone.
so just looking for some feedback. I’m looking to disable v4 fuel crap and flush the trans as a fix.
If the torque converter is the problem, would it feel like a slipping clutch under power,, especially full throttle? Please advice and thoroughly enjoyed the posts to this point. Thanks guys!

·
Registered
4,783 Posts
I have an 18’ bought preowned with 21k miles. Car is perfect what could go wrong right?? Anyway fast forward to today with 24000 miles and the shudder is here and getting worse. I’m only feeling it when the cars being driven slowly (babied). I tried switching out of Tour to Sport etc but the shudder still happens. Mostly when cruising freeway under light throttle (medium traffic rolling 40-60). When the car is actually driven, hammered, downshifted and hammered, or accelerating hard through gears there is no problem at all. This is why I don’t believe it’s anything mechanical.
I assumed there may be issues with all of the electronic bullshit and conveniences built in (lane departure, auto parking etc) but I reallly think this is a v8 to v4 fuel saver issue. The computer is twitchy and the car doesn’t know if it’s going or coming lol.
Def a software issue GM won’t admit. They aren’t going to replace everyone’s trans in escalate Denali vettes not Vs and they don’t have to if it doesn’t kill anyone.
so just looking for some feedback. I’m looking to disable v4 fuel crap and flush the trans as a fix.
If the torque converter is the problem, would it feel like a slipping clutch under power,, especially full throttle? Please advice and thoroughly enjoyed the posts to this point. Thanks guys!
8L90? Do a pan drop, new filter/gasket and only add Mobil1 Synthetic LV ATF HP fluid with the blue label. I just did this with my ATS-V and she runs much better. It is not a software issue, and there is a reason there is a Class Action lawsuit against GM. I could only add six quarts at a time with a 12 quart capacity. I will wait about 1000 miles, drain and refill and then I will wait one full oil change and do another drain/refill.

Reactions: subaru335i

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have an 18, bought in 2020. Shudder showed up 3 months after owning it. I took it to the dealer, said the transmission was shuddering and that I’d like it flushed. The technician replicated the issue, flushed it. Shudder has yet to come back 2 years and 6K miles later. $0.00 spent.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Same here, have had my 18 for 2yrs now. Shuttering started about a month after I got it, had flush done, now at 11k all is still good. Still a blast to drive.

·
Registered
4,783 Posts
Mine acted up about 35,000 miles after thr TSB was performed. I now have 81 k.

·
Registered
CTS-V 2016 Black Raven
100 Posts
Flushed mine at 22.000KM, and the Shudder come back with 64.000KM, once again flushed last Month, and the Problem is solved (don`t know how long). I read something about the 8L90, and I`m not sure but the problem can be, that the Oil is mixed with condensation water.....

·
Registered
2017 CTS-V, M8, Raven Black, no mods, bone stock
18 Posts
My 2017 was flushed and they just did a new TC in May after having her for 5 weeks in the shop......waiting for a converter.

Shudder is back, so now have to get her back in, see what they want to do now.

Picked her up with 16,100 in Feb of this year (2022) on the odometer and she is at 18,200.

Not gonna let them keep her for 5 weeks again, that was just ridiculous.....

·
Registered
7 Posts
Make sure you only use blue label Mobil 1 synthetic. If you drive too many miles with the shudder than you may damage the torque converter requiring replacement. This fluid is the fix for shudder issues as it doesn't absorb moisture like the fluids used before February of 2019. But if you use anything else you can count on the shudder returning.

281 - 290 of 290 Posts