Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
261 - 280 of 290 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Just checking back in. After 6000 miles - still zero shudder. In my case, I think the latest fix is the real deal.

Still does some weird shifting once in a while but it’s unrelated.

Now I gotta figure out how to tune the tranny so it shifts like my ZF. Would love to mimic its torque delivery and shifts at part throttle...

Anybody ever replace the trans ECU in a 2016? I am going to have mine tuned soon.

Merry Christmas to everyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The TCM isn't locked on the 2016, your tuner should be able to easily access and tune without swapping.

·
Registered
54 Posts
The TCM isn't locked on the 2016, your tuner should be able to easily access and tune without swapping.
Yes thanks - I already bought a replacement TCM to swap in and give it a try. They are pretty cheap and relatively easy to swap out. I know it’s overkill but I didn’t want to chance a code or something while the car remains under warranty.

I am hoping to tune out some of the quirkiness and weird shifts, but my guy says some of it is hardware related so there is only so much he can do.

I’ll report back once I take the plunge.

·
Registered
7,348 Posts
Boggles my mind that the V-Sport got the better transmission.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Im pretty sure the reason it got that trans is because the Vsport trans cant handle the power, certainly not when cranked up, the 8l90 may shift like shit at part throttle, but I tell you what, you can throw 1000hp at it and it wont eat itself in 2 days

·
Registered
10 Posts
Just took delivery of a 2016 from a Porsche dealership in FL (I live in San Diego). I guess I hadn't done all my DD, because this was a surprise to me. I have the shudder at around 2k RPM at highway speeds 75-80. Any tips you can give when presenting the car for service. I'm not sure if there's a particular service center in SD that's more competent than another.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Just took delivery of a 2016 from a Porsche dealership in FL (I live in San Diego). I guess I hadn't done all my DD, because this was a surprise to me. I have the shudder at around 2k RPM at highway speeds 75-80. Any tips you can give when presenting the car for service. I'm not sure if there's a particular service center in SD that's more competent than another.
You need tras flush asap, then ypu’ll be straight, Got mine done early this year Stuart , Fla

·
Registered
3,304 Posts
I expect to see the pricing be super flat and hopefully increase as availability begins to drop. With less then 7K of them, several hundred have been totaled and a large amount have long term owners......
This didn't really age well lol.
I would not expect values to increase or even remain flat. Especially with the new CT5-V blackwing most likely coming with the 10 speed and manual option, maybe wagon option, and the same LT4.
That should severely impact the V3 market (not to mention Covid and massive unemployment).

·
Registered
150 Posts
I would not expect values to increase or even remain flat. Especially with the new CT5-V blackwing most likely coming with the 10 speed and manual option, maybe wagon option, and the same LT4.
That should severely impact the V3 market (not to mention Covid and massive unemployment).
Except for the majority of the potential market who can't or won't spend $90K new. Because of this the V3s will hold their value like the V2 sedans and wagons did for years. They just don't make many unlike Vettes and Camaros. When a new Vette or Camaro comes out, the previous Gen takes a hit but not so much with the V2, V3 and Vnext.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
36 Posts
I had a 2016 with shudder but was able to reprogram the TCM and change the software to stop the shudder. My 2018 now has no shudder so far.
So there is nothing to do with the flushing! How did you manage reprogram TCM?
Others saying the shudder due to the needless fuel management system when switches from V8 to V4 the shudder clearly noticeable ... for me 2018 yes that was obvious however, last week even at V8 cruising with low RPM the shudder still can be noticed a bit...
what is exactly the problem? Fluid viscous / debris / programming issue?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Bought my car with 16.5k on it had it back to the dealer for the triple flush. Just turned about 17200 and it has a vibration right at 40 like clock work all the way to 60 or so and it gets worse when the trans heats up. It will be back at the dealer this week to let them decide what they would like to do next

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2018 V3 with 1,500 miles on it and I know how to test to see if it has the shudder and so far, it doesn't have it yet. My 2017 V3 had it, but that car is long gone. I just installed the AFM module this morning and it won't switch back and forth from V4 and V8, so it won't shudder when switching from V4 to V8 as the AFM module doesn't allow it to go into V4 mode. Maybe all you need is the AFM module.
I know this is an old thread, but do you have the part number for the AFM disabler? I went to their website and all they show are v6 applicability.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2018 V3 with 1,500 miles on it and I know how to test to see if it has the shudder and so far, it doesn't have it yet. My 2017 V3 had it, but that car is long gone. I just installed the AFM module this morning and it won't switch back and forth from V4 and V8, so it won't shudder when switching from V4 to V8 as the AFM module doesn't allow it to go into V4 mode. Maybe all you need is the AFM module.
I know this is an older thread, but do you have the part number for the AFM disabler? I went to their website and they only show v6 applicability.

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
I've got the 8L90 in my 2016 sierra - brought it in for a symptom like this shudder a few weeks ago they said was the converter engaging/releasing constantly while under light accel. every 4-5 seconds, and they ended up replacing the torque converter assembly under warranty. So far with 200 miles on it after the repair the shudder is gone. We'll see if it holds!

·
Registered
7,348 Posts
Huh? Didnt age well? he posted that in December 2019, the cars have only went up in value since his post....seems like your post is the only thing that isnt aging well bud.

People also said this same crap when the V3 was coming out that it was going to kill the V2 market but nicer lower mile V2s can still bring 35-45k and youve got wagons selling for 60-70k or more still with desirable trims. Hell, an opulent blue 6M wagon just went for 90k on BAT

I dont see a brand new car that will prob end up being 90-100k impacting the V3 market too much when we are talking used cars in the 55-65k range, thats a large price gap and for what? its got the same engine, most people seem to think its uglier, the ct5 loaners ive driven felt very cheap compared to my V3, the only thing that really interests me is the better transmissions, bu for a 30-40k dollar price gap, im ok with the better looking, better built V3 with the worse trans.

Youve got a ton of former V2 owners and people in general that prob wouldnt mind hopping into a V3 used over the next few years and theres not a ton of them out there, I think they will hold their values well.

261 - 280 of 290 Posts