Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
241 - 260 of 290 Posts

·
Registered
812 Posts
yeah that's it.
Just take it in. positive thing is its covered under warranty.
My local dealer is a special collection of stupid. They rotated and balanced the tires. They said two wheels had a very minor bend. But the real problem is the rear tires are worn unevenly. The "torque wheel takes more of the power and that tire is worn more". They said replace the rear tires and have the wheels checked. I said "You want me to spend $1500 on tires and install to prove it is not that?". So now I am waiting until the tire are gone to replace them but this pisses me off. Tire balance does not come and go - it vibrates at a certain speed every time hot or cold. I hate Cadillac service.

·
Registered
510 Posts
My local dealer is a special collection of stupid. They rotated and balanced the tires. They said two wheels had a very minor bend. But the real problem is the rear tires are worn unevenly. The "torque wheel takes more of the power and that tire is worn more". They said replace the rear tires and have the wheels checked. I said "You want me to spend $1500 on tires and install to prove it is not that?". So now I am waiting until the tire are gone to replace them but this pisses me off. Tire balance does not come and go - it vibrates at a certain speed every time hot or cold. I hate Cadillac service.

Hold on. Rotate and balance?
So they removed the tires from the wheels and rotated? I know they didn’t put the fronts on the rears.....
And yeah. Don’t pay for that. Sit there and watch. Make them drive. Watch them get confused. Lol

·
Registered
812 Posts
Hold on. Rotate and balance?
So they removed the tires from the wheels and rotated? I know they didn’t put the fronts on the rears.....
And yeah. Don’t pay for that. Sit there and watch. Make them drive. Watch them get confused. Lol
They rotated them side to side which I did not think was possible. Apparently they can be - there are no directional arrows just "outside" on the side wall.

·
Registered
510 Posts
I don't know how much longer I can do this. told my sales guy I don't think I want the car anymore. 3rd time its going in for transmission since I bought it 10 months ago. Shifting hard again and today I got a check engine light. 2 codes for the transmission
P0700 Transmission control system
P0711 Transmission fluid temperature sensor A circuit range performance
Dropped it off today.
We'll see

·
Registered
232 Posts
I don't know how much longer I can do this. told my sales guy I don't think I want the car anymore. 3rd time its going in for transmission since I bought it 10 months ago. Shifting hard again and today I got a check engine light. 2 codes for the transmission
P0700 Transmission control system
P0711 Transmission fluid temperature sensor A circuit range performance
Dropped it off today.
We'll see
Very sorry to hear you're having to deal with all of this hassle on a $100k car!

·
Registered
26 Posts
This may or may not make a difference, I told the service writer that the TSB did not matter to me. I wanted it done correctly. Not rushed by a tech worrying about beating the flat rate labor hours. The trans pan was dropped and filter serviced along with the 20 quart flush. I paid for all of it. What is another $600.00 at this vehicles' price point...
At drop off, I spoke with the transmission technician directly. Explained exactly what my car was doing ie. shudder at this rpm, random unlock/lock at this engine oil temp (since the trans temp is not available) and rpm, etc... I made him understand that I am not an idiot and not to insult my intelligence (in a nice way of course). He told me they have had Corvettes and 5.3/6.2 trucks with the similar issues. This was the first CTS V.
It seems to be good. I will update after the next track day and some road miles.

·
Registered
9 Posts
So looks like shudder issue is still out there, should it be dealbreaker for someone in used market for v2 or v3? price gap is not concern for me but reliability matters a lot. Thanks!

·
Registered
324 Posts
So looks like shudder issue is still out there, should it be dealbreaker for someone in used market for v2 or v3? price gap is not concern for me but reliability matters a lot. Thanks!
There is no reliability issue, they don't leave anyone stranded. Personally, half of the complaints are laughable given these are learning units. All of the "one day it shifts hard, then it's smooth, then it thumps" is some over hyped paranoia over every damn thing. There are 500K+ of these transmissions in use, the shutter is annoying but is fixed by the newest flush. Everything else is elevated expectations and the stupid mantra of 'it shouldn't do this for 100K" by owners that for some reason did ZERO research on GM apparently. The V3 is miles ahead of the V2 in every regard so have no worries. I've been an owner for almost 3 years and am well seasoned in this tranny convo LOL

·
Registered
9 Posts
There is no reliability issue, they don't leave anyone stranded. Personally, half of the complaints are laughable given these are learning units. All of the "one day it shifts hard, then it's smooth, then it thumps" is some over hyped paranoia over every damn thing. There are 500K+ of these transmissions in use, the shutter is annoying but is fixed by the newest flush. Everything else is elevated expectations and the stupid mantra of 'it shouldn't do this for 100K" by owners that for some reason did ZERO research on GM apparently. The V3 is miles ahead of the V2 in every regard so have no worries. I've been an owner for almost 3 years and am well seasoned in this tranny convo LOL
Awesome! thanks for your advice! I do agree V3 feels like a great car overall!

·
Registered
510 Posts
Btw quick question, do you see V3 values to depreciate further next year? trying to understand if there is value in waiting few more months. Thanks!
I'm sure they'll come down a little, but I doubt by much. There is no new V to replace the V3. I don't count the CT6 "V" though as a "real" V. At least not in so much as Cadillac's replacement for the V3. Totally different kind of car.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Is anyone familiar with a Cadillac dealer in DelRay Beach Florida that can do the flush? I just shipped my car down to Florida to have head & cam , headers , cat back and probably the blower to be upgraded or ported?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
324 Posts
Btw quick question, do you see V3 values to depreciate further next year? trying to understand if there is value in waiting few more months. Thanks!
I expect to see the pricing be super flat and hopefully increase as availability begins to drop. With less then 7K of them, several hundred have been totaled and a large amount have long term owners......

·
Registered
223 Posts
I expect to see the pricing be super flat and hopefully increase as availability begins to drop. With less then 7K of them, several hundred have been totaled and a large amount have long term owners......
Exactly why I bought my CTSV, it is a car I seldom see, my Hellcat , was mental, sexy, low ! But market is flooded!! They are everywhere, no thanks

·
Registered
54 Posts
Had mine done again at 16000 miles with newest TSB procedure...4000 miles later still no shudder. Looks like this one might be the real deal.

Got CUE screen replaced at same time - it had died at about 15000 miles. So far so good in that as well.

Still am getting weird shifts once in a while, but I think that is related to the adaptive learning. Would like to reset that once in a while on my own if possible...Anybody know a way to reset it without heading back to dealer?

Just checking back in. After 6000 miles - still zero shudder. In my case, I think the latest fix is the real deal.

Still does some weird shifting once in a while but it’s unrelated.

Now I gotta figure out how to tune the tranny so it shifts like my ZF. Would love to mimic its torque delivery and shifts at part throttle...

Anybody ever replace the trans ECU in a 2016? I am going to have mine tuned soon.

Merry Christmas to everyone.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Just checking back in. After 6000 miles - still zero shudder. In my case, I think the latest fix is the real deal.

Still does some weird shifting once in a while but it’s unrelated.

Now I gotta figure out how to tune the tranny so it shifts like my ZF. Would love to mimic its torque delivery and shifts at part throttle...

Anybody ever replace the trans ECU in a 2016? I am going to have mine tuned soon.

Merry Christmas to everyone.

Boggles my mind that the V-Sport got the better transmission.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
54 Posts
Boggles my mind that the V-Sport got the better transmission.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Yeah me too. Such and amazing car with a B- transmission.

I have a pretty good source that was at GM during the LT4 development who told me that at that time some of GMs tranny superstars were diverted away from the 8 speed to work on the joint project with Ford for the A10.

Regardless of the reason, I wish someone would offer a world class tranny to go with this motor and chassis. If the price were right I would be all over it - This is such a great car otherwise.

241 - 260 of 290 Posts