Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
1 - 20 of 290 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Sadly my 2018 build 10/17 just started the trans shudder (both V4 & V8) at 2,200 miles. I read on the Camaro forums the TSB has been revised numerous times and the triple flush and TC replacement does not work. The latest post state new transmissions are being ordered & installed. I cringe thinking about taking it to the dealer to argue it has the shudder. Those that have done the triple flush, did this really fix the problem?

Attachments

·
Registered
247 Posts
From personal experience I have a 2016 and the shudder was really bad I took it in only 200 miles and honestly my car has felt 80-90% better after the flush it takes a few hundred miles to clean inside I guess with the new oil but I can say it’s helped it a lot. My dealer told me if it comes back then they’ll swap the torque converter after.

·
Registered
490 Posts
I have a 2018 V3 with 1,500 miles on it and I know how to test to see if it has the shudder and so far, it doesn't have it yet. My 2017 V3 had it, but that car is long gone. I just installed the AFM module this morning and it won't switch back and forth from V4 and V8, so it won't shudder when switching from V4 to V8 as the AFM module doesn't allow it to go into V4 mode. Maybe all you need is the AFM module.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Sorry to hear about your shudder. I had it on my ‘16. Now on my ‘18 with about 3.3K in, still no shudder on mine..fingers crossed. Following this post on potential resolution in case I end up being in the same boat. Sick color combo btw.

·
Registered
111 Posts
That sucks on 18, it might be another issue because GM engineers were pretty sure it was the silicon they used in the MY16 that they fixed later. I would take it to the dealer and let them diagnose it.

·
Premium Member
1,587 Posts
I had it on my 16 ATS V. Flushed and it has not come back. GM will flush first then replace the TC if it comes back. We see a lot of issues with the Escalades.

·
Registered
324 Posts
+1 on success with (knock on wood) no shutter after flush and deleting stupid as absolute hell 4 cyl mode. They won't admit it but I think the 4 cyl mode has something significant to do with it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
The TSB outlines 2016-2017 V3s, but dealers won't do it on 2018 vehicles as GM's TSB doesn't cover it. According to GM, the 2018 V3 is not affected by the transmission shudder.
This TSB has been updated numerous times and the latest updated Dec 14, 2017 includes all 2018 GM Vehicles. It states all A8 through EOP - End of Production. The camaro form talks about this more in detail and the shudder returning after the flush.

1 - 20 of 290 Posts