Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
I'm Your Pusher
11,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Bob D reached out to us at the end of last year to coordinate his 2017 Escalade getting some much needed hp! Bob lives on the PA border and we took delivery sight unseen from. KY dealer. We let Bob know we like at least 500mi on them before tearing into them so once that was completed, we could start. The 5600lb truck comes with the L86 direct injected 6.2L V8 with 420bhp. Due to the 17s TCMs needing sent out to tune, we didn't get a baseline before starting because the trans wouldn't stay locked in 6th without trying to downshift, but a 20% parasitic transmission loss would estimate this at around 330whp on our dyno. Since we've been working with Whipple on the LT4 plans, I tasked them to handle the power delivery for the Escalade. We were in uncharted territory as usual but we're confident in our DI experience.

All results were on 93 octane with no methanol.

Mod list was:
Whipple with stage 4 pulley and ported manifold
WXM Stage 2 Race Intake
103mm throttlebody
Kooks 1-7/8" headers (no 2" avail unfortunately)
LT4 ported heads and valve job
PAC Spring kit
ARP Head studs
WXM "Truck-yea" Stage 2 custom spec PD blower cam
WXM DI fuel pump and injectors
WXM Line Pump boost referenced return system
WXM 850 badges
WXM 850 floor mats

The above put down approx 660whp on our dyno. These two plots show the importance of proper fuel pressure on the DI motors. This was before vs after our Line Pump kit.

Next up we added our Stage 2 Race Intake and 103mm Throttlebody and we picked up approx 40whp!!

Darker plots below

At this point, we knew we had some restrictions after adjusting the SOI, so we unhooked the exhaust and that was the other brighter plot above. It picked up another 40whp with 5% more fuel added and seeing 1psi more boost. The kooks headers merge into 4" but then neck down to 3.5" but goes down to 3" through the muffler and back to 3.5", so we made a boost referenced bypass that opens over 10psi and allows the back pressure to go around the muffler and back into it to keep the noise behind the car since it's a family hauler. We set the valve high enough to keep it from opening and closing during every day part throttle maneuvering.

End result turned out perfect, the truck was almost back up to where it was without the exhaust on and it sounds wicked!

·
I'm Your Pusher
11,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
First start up

·
I'm Your Pusher
11,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Escalade on the dyno!

·
Premium Member
3,943 Posts
Where's the burnout vid???

·
I'm Your Pusher
11,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
Nice setup ! Norcal must be getting an itch!!

Few questions , what bypass valve did you use for the exhaust?

what does the high pressure pump consist of, larger lobe on the cam and lt4 pump?

Just a bit of safety related info id personally share , those pads on the lift you have are a bit scary. I had them come with my lift as well. I learned quickly that the factory undercoating and the pad material can be quite slippery. I have changed them out to a saddle style lift pad for frame lifting, so it cant slip off. I would highly advise you do the same.

Shop looks great too!

·
Premium Member
1,587 Posts
It looks very good. Nice work Ben.

I just wish the transmissions would hold up better.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.