Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picking up a 2107 V. Planning on bringing to the track. I have a set of Z06 fronts with MT drag radials. I test fitted them back on my 2016 v
V3 back then. They fit...no rubbing, But no TPMS sensors. I heard I will get a nanny and totally affect the racing.
I saw a guy at the track with a V3 and drag setup... He had the TPMS sensors in a 3" pvc pipe with a air nipple. Said it was pressurized to 35psi and had it in the trunk.
How do you set this up. Program the sensors firsts then drop in the pipe and add air?

Any input?
Thanks

·
Premium Member
671 Posts

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
Why not put the sensors in the wheels? If your putting them in a pipe or a small tire in trunk it seems sorta half assing it.

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
35psi in a drag set up will be way over inflated most likely.
We aren't using in drag radials for pressure lol. The V3 goes crazy without them and wont let traction control to turn off without them. Houdini found a way but for every day driving its a pain

·
Registered
19 Posts
My 2018 does not give me any issues with the drag set-up not having TPMS. The tire height was the issue to sort out between the 28" rear and the fact the 28" front did not fit. I run a front 215/55R18 (27.3") w/ 18X5 Forgestar and rear 275/60R17 (28") w/ 17x10 Forgestar no sensors. The stability system works with no issues and the TPMS waring lamp is on.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts