Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Long story short I went to look at another 2017 V for a friend. It had CUE 3.0 same as mine, the IOT RPO, and it had a native Spotify app. My CUE does not have that nor does the app appear the "marketplace" thing. There's only about 3 or 4 apps in there, all not useful.

Attached is a photo of my software version (unfortunately I didn't think to look at the version in the other car until it was too late). It references a Jan 2017 build date with no update history which leads me to believe its never been updated. The manual update checker with internet connection says nothing available. I find it hard to believe this software was never updated by GM in 4 years.

Can anyone here with a 17 and CUE 3.0 confirm they have a Spotify app and/or a different CUE software build than mine? I am going to ask my dealer about it next week but hope I'm not crazy.

20210212_160327 (1).jpg

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just to follow this up...the dealer told me standalone Spotify (and a few other apps like Pandora) is not available on vehicles with this version of CUE or equipped with the PDR.

Since I've seen 18s and 19s with the apps I can only guess the hardware changed and the 2017.5 Vs are kinda left out. At least Android Auto can bring these apps to CUE which is what I've been using.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts