Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wasup everyone, I’m new to the forum.
I just picked up a 17 V and I am having an issue where I push the “M” on the shifter and the car does not go into manual mode. I have spent a couple days trying to research this and found nothing. However, I am able to use the paddle shifters, until the few seconds pass and it goes back into auto mode on its own. Anyone experience anything like this or know any info to be able to put it in manual mode? Thanks!

· Registered
2017 Cadillac CTS-V
670 Posts
FYI-Pulling the paddles in auto mode gives you 10 seconds in manual mode after the last manual input, and then it reverts to auto mode.

Reactions: Weezy950

· Registered
57 Posts
Couple things, if I recall if you put it in drive then press the M button, it should show M and the gear on the dash, this would be before using the paddle shifters at all, can't exactly remember since I rarely use it. Also, don't know how mechanically inclined you are, looks like there is a connector from the button to the harness on the side of the shifter assembly itself. You should be able to see the wiring if you carefully pop the boot out of the console but leave the knob on the shifter. I know some people like the suede knob and switch it out, its possible they forgot to connect it.

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Couple things, if I recall if you put it in drive then press the M button, it should show M and the gear on the dash, this would be before using the paddle shifters at all, can't exactly remember since I rarely use it. Also, don't know how mechanically inclined you are, looks like there is a connector from the button to the harness on the side of the shifter assembly itself. You should be able to see the wiring if you carefully pop the boot out of the console but leave the knob on the shifter. I know some people like the suede knob and switch it out, its possible they forgot to connect it.
I’m going to check that! I do have the suede knob so maybe this is it. I’ll double check and touch back!

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Actually solved! Pulled the boot out and you were right. It was disconnected! Thank you for this.
Vehicle Grey Automotive design Fixture Motor vehicle

· Registered
33 Posts
do you know if the V2 has a similar wire ? I’ve had this problem since I’ve bought the car and haven’t been able to find anything close

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.