Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I’m finally ready to slowly start modding my ride. Although it’s a 2017 model, I bought it
from a new car dealer as new. It had never been sold or registered. The car belonged to the owner of
the dealership. I guess it was like a demo, except it wasn’t. It only has 5200 miles on it and has a
new car warranty. I want to protect the warranty as best as I can, but at some point I just need to move on.

So, I suppose the logical place to start would be intake (CAI). In my mind, there are only a couple
to consider- Roto-Fab, Corsa, maybe K & N. Corsa and K&N are out of stock, so that leaves Roto-Fab. Don’t want Big Gulp, I think I would need a tune with that one. Not that I’m against a tune, but honestly I don’t know any tuners around here. I know that whatever CAI I get, it would definitely benefit from a tune.

So, Roto-Fab? Tune? Lemme know what you think and also what’s next after CAI?
Bolt-ons only for now…

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Would the 5” intake require a tune?
And the other thing, seems to me (after lurking around in this and other similar forums, Weapon-X has a perceived customer service problem. I’ve read way more negative comments about them than positive. I’ve personally never dealt with them, but with all the choices of vendors for parts for our cars, I’d like to learn from others mistakes. Doesn’t take a lot to keep a customer coming back. If you’re not smart enough to treat customers right on a public forum, you won’t remain in business very long. I say this as a 40 year business owner who deals with professional people every day.

·
Registered
4,006 Posts
And the other thing, seems to me (after lurking around in this and other similar forums, Weapon-X has a perceived customer service problem. I’ve read way more negative comments about them than positive. I’ve personally never dealt with them, but with all the choices of vendors for parts for our cars, I’d like to learn from others mistakes. Doesn’t take a lot to keep a customer coming back. If you’re not smart enough to treat customers right on a public forum, you won’t remain in business very long. I say this as a 40 year business owner who deals with professional people every day.
I've had good experience with them..... Brent has been good for me to deal with.

·
Registered
78 Posts
They don’t have a “perceived customer service problem”, it‘s simply doesn’t exists... After waiting over 3 months I received a visibly severely defective manufactured item, was told a replacement would be expedited, over 2 more months go by with nothing but lame excuses! They refused to refund; was told, ”We don’t offer refunds”.
Avoid the headache, there are much better suppliers. I went with an Air Raid CAI, didn’t req a tune.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
They don’t have a “perceived customer service problem”, it‘s simply doesn’t exists... After waiting over 3 months I received a visibly severely defective manufactured item, was told a replacement would be expedited, over 2 more months go by with nothing but lame excuses! They refused to refund; was told, ”We don’t offer refunds”.
Avoid the headache, there are much better suppliers. I went with an Air Raid CAI, didn’t req a tune.
Thanks for cutting through the euphemism; I was trying to be polite. I’m gonna buy a
Roto-Fab unless the Air Raid is demonstrably better. I have one on my ZL1 and I like it just fine.

What’s next in bolt-on mods?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for cutting through the euphemism; I was trying to be polite. I’m gonna buy a
Roto-Fab unless the Air Raid is demonstrably better. I have one on my ZL1 and I like it just fine.

What’s next in bolt-on mods?
I guess a $200 savings is “demonstrably better”. Ordering Airair today!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Agreed, nice saving..
As for mods, all depends how far your willing to go. I’m probably going (winter project) with headers w/cats, tune, and maybe ported supercharger.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Agreed, nice saving..
As for mods, all depends how far your willing to go. I’m probably going (winter project) with headers w/cats, tune, and maybe ported supercharger.
I want to go as far as I can but keep the elegance and refinement of the vehicle. It is after all, a damn fine ride and I don’t want to ruin that. That being said, there will be some things I just won’t be able to do. I’d like to have headers, but I don’t want a loud,
obnoxious exhaust. I don’t think it has to be loud to perform well. I could see changing pulley diameters on the supercharger drive. I think that’s simply enough, but would need a tune. Probably what I need to do more than anything is to get hooked up with a good tuner, have him look at it after I install the CAI (ordered last night), and go from there. If I can get close to 650-675 rwhp, that would probably be more than enough.

I’ve got a CT5-V Blackwing (2022) on order. No telling when I’ll ever get it, but when I do I’m not sure what happens to the CTS-V. Don’t really want to sell it, but can’t see tying up $150K or 200K including the ZL1 in GM products with superchargers.
I’m gonna try to get a hold of the guy that tuned my ZL1. Haven’t talked to him since he lined it out. I never had it dyno’d, but it’s got to be 725-750 rwhp. Plenty fast enough, in fact haven’t lost a race yet. Of course the competition down here isn’t that stiff, at least on the streets. There’s a little track (1/4 mile) in Evadale, about 20 minutes. It’s not bad at all, but I can’t ever get a race there in my ZL1, so that should tell you something…

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.