Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
On my Corvette 08 z06 i had a wireless remote to open and close the vette's exhaust flaps at any speed (i think it was called mild to wild) for the bi-mode exhaust valves. The v has a similar setup, do you know if anyone developed a wireless device to open and close the v's exhaust flaps?

·
Registered
7 Posts
On the ZL1, there was an exhaust flap fuse that you could pull to make it open all the time. I left mine pulled all the time. :eek:

·
Premium Member
17,517 Posts
On the ZL1, there was an exhaust flap fuse that you could pull to make it open all the time. I left mine pulled all the time. :eek:
And on the ZL1, they OPEN the "wild" side at idle to make the car sound more aggressive, and CLOSE them under most acceleration scenarios to keep the noise reasonable. I thought this was kinda off. I do think they open at WOT to improve flow.

I still like the V2's exhaust (crimped sections aside) - the V2 mufflers flow with nearly zero power loss to over 1,200whp according to dyno tests, and yet they are quiet and don't drone. That's "Caddy" to me. Maybe on a Camaro (with respect Mirage!) or Corvette, you want loud and aggressive. But the V needs to be more subdued and refined - IMHO.

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
You can pull the fuse and have it open all the time. I'm sure you could tie into the valve motors and run a switch if wanted.

·
2X 9 second club
11,148 Posts
Tour closed, sport open. If you have it in sport, it stays in sport even after restarting the car. Track it doesn't.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Maybe on a Camaro (with respect Mirage!) or Corvette, you want loud and aggressive. But the V needs to be more subdued and refined - IMHO.

You are exactly right this is one of the reasons I'm switching (waiting on my V to ship). :cool: Fellow Texan's must think alike!

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
Where are the flaps located ? In the tips?

Edit- I looked up some pics and it looks to be a cut out sort of looking thing on one of the Inner exhaust tips? Is this correct ?

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
After the muffler

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

1 - 11 of 11 Posts