Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I searched and there doesn't seem to be much recent discussion on brake rotors for a 2014 CTS-V

Any suggestions for a car that will see a couple track days?

I've found EBC ultimax 1 piece slotted for $400

Stock Brembo 2 piece for $850

R1 slotted and drilled for $350

Nothing I've found has reviews and when I search this topic most threads are very old.

Thanks very much

·
Registered
213 Posts
Don’t run drilled or slotted for track work. The slots will chew up pads with little benefit and the drilled holes tend to crack. Run blank rotors and the best pad you can stomach buying. I have blank aftermarket (don’t know brand, they came on the car) and Brembo pads for track work. I will upgrade the pads once these are wasted. I also have drilled / slotted R1 rotors and R1 pads for the street. I just swap over the brake setup when I have a track day coming up. Our cars are heavy and are going to chew up brakes regardless of what you run, so it’s best to keep daily and track setups separate. I vote blank R1 rotors (cheap, watch for discount as they send them out all the time) and good pads for the track. The rotors are cheap enough to justify replacing them after a few track days.

If you haven’t done so already, get some braided brake lines and run good fluid. My biggest issue was the brake pedal getting spongy during my last track day.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My mentor is suggesting high end DOT5 for the track

Any brake cooling duct suggestions or don't bother?

·
Registered
101 Posts
Rock auto OEM brembos for ~145 apiece for the fronts More Information for BREMBO 09A66513

I have no problem running aftermarket rotors on most things, but when you can get the OEM part for such a reasonable cost, that's the right choice. The rears it doesn't really matter as much, but again, you can find the OEM brembos for less than 50$ a piece. I do think the pad discussion is much more important for the occasional track day, but with fluid, I just go for fresh fluid before a track day. RBF660 is great for this because it has a high wet boiling point, so you can change it when you go to the track, and leave it in for the street. and it's not so expensive that you don't want to flush it 3 months later.

I have a full set of factory brake pads/disks to go on mine (slightly more challenging buying the parts here in Europe though, even though they're manufactured here!)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Rock auto OEM brembos for ~145 apiece for the fronts More Information for BREMBO 09A66513

I have no problem running aftermarket rotors on most things, but when you can get the OEM part for such a reasonable cost, that's the right choice. The rears it doesn't really matter as much, but again, you can find the OEM brembos for less than 50$ a piece. I do think the pad discussion is much more important for the occasional track day, but with fluid, I just go for fresh fluid before a track day. RBF660 is great for this because it has a high wet boiling point, so you can change it when you go to the track, and leave it in for the street. and it's not so expensive that you don't want to flush it 3 months later.

I have a full set of factory brake pads/disks to go on mine (slightly more challenging buying the parts here in Europe though, even though they're manufactured here!)

I'm only seeing the Brembo rotors for $850/set. Where are you finding them so reasonably ?

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
My mentor is suggesting high end DOT5 for the track

Any brake cooling duct suggestions or don't bother?
This was an upgrade on the C7Z06 that uses the same calipers. More Information for GM GENUINE 23242510 It's a drop in for our calipers.

Online searches show people commonly saying they reduce brake temps by 90*. My searching here showed a lot of people complaining of boiling their brake fluid at track events.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts