Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello from Monterey CA. I found this 2014 CTS-V 6 spd Manual, Blue Recaros, Corsa Ex. in WHITE!! And had her shipped here from Memphis.
Just our Date Night Car. Lovin’ it.
I can’t live with the Wheel Gap.
I don’t want the buy new wheels
I don’t want to lower it.
I am willing to add spacers
She’s now sitting on
255/40ZR19 27x10R19
295/35ZR19 27.1x11.6R19

So, how TALL can I go?

265/40R19 = 27.3x10.4R19
305/35R19 = 27.4X12R19

245/45R19 = 27.7x9.7R19
315/35R19 = 27.7x12.4R19

275/40R19 = 27.7x10.8R19
315/35R19 = 27.7x12.4R19

255/45R19 = 28x10R19
285/40R19 = 28x11.2R19

255/50R19 = 29x10R19
315/40R19 = 28.9x12.4R19

I just wanna narrow the gap without problems.
Better Pic

Attachments

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
If you put anything wider than a 295 on the rear rim, you will be disappointed with the negative effect it has on handling. The rim is sized for a 295 and it's not wide enough for anything wider.

Also note, you have to keep the ratio of the front and rear tire diameters within a few percent of the stock ratio or it will screw up Traction Control.

Also congrats on the car! 2014 MN6 Coupe is definitely the best.

·
Premium Member
780 Posts
So the interior is blue??? Pics?? Date looks great!!! Congrats!

·
Registered
72 Posts
If you put anything wider than a 295 on the rear rim, you will be disappointed with the negative effect it has on handling. The rim is sized for a 295 and it's not wide enough for anything wider.

Also note, you have to keep the ratio of the front and rear tire diameters within a few percent of the stock ratio or it will screw up Traction Control.

Also congrats on the car! 2014 MN6 Coupe is definitely the best.
I have a 305 on the rear of my coupe, and I didn't notice any adverse effects to the handling. I've never tracked the car, but in my opinion it feels the same or better than the stock tire size for back road driving.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Not consistent with my experience. But we may have different expectations of "adverse effects". To me, steering response was substantially less crisp and the car was generally more "squishy" with wider rubber. It's none too good with the stock tires, either, which is why I upgraded to a stiffer sway bar set. And to be honest, I haven't tried the wide tires with the new bars so maybe it'd be acceptable now. But the wider tires on the stock rims changes the sidewall geometry in a way that cannot help but make handling worse...

·
Registered
72 Posts
I went down to a 30 series so the sidewall is smaller. Not great for fender, gap. The gap is actually horrible and for that reason I won't go with this size again.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok, so the car came with MPSS 255/40ZR19 27x10R19
295/35ZR19 27.1x11.6R19
And, after a lot of reading, first I’ll order a set of 11mm front spacers with ET Lugs, and 15mm adapter/spacers for the rear.
Then, measure the fender gap with the wheels pushed out to the fender.
The spacers will get me “Wider” then I wanna know how “Tall” of tire works.
I like the CTS-V wheels, I have a set of the same on my Denali.

(And yes, I’ll snap some pics of the Blue Recaro Seats)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
The stock V wheels are actually kind of crappy. Maybe if you only drive that Denali on the street it won't matter, but if you stress them off road, they will absolutely bend. Driving on the road with them on my V, they have bent and needed straightening. And not because I did something bad, just normal highway crap. They're barely an acceptable wheel for the V. Not at all a good choice for a heavy duty vehicle, IMO FWIW.

As for how tall a tire you can run, if what's on the Denali will fit and that's what you want, run it. There's no right or wrong, only what will fit. However there is one proviso. You need to maintain the same ratio of front/rear tire diameter or you will mess up Traction Control. If you go to a taller rear, you must go to a proportionally taller front as well. A couple of percent difference is mostly OK. And a taller rear with no change up front works in the direction that makes TC engage later, you'll get more wheelspin before it kicks in. If you go to a smaller rear or a bigger front, though, you could end up with TC kicking in when you're driving along normally.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Yeah I want to know about the blue recaros too? They can't be stock recaros unless someone reupholstered them.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts