Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings ladies and gentlemen.

Please see the linked video. it occurs on both sides and is the culprit to very loud creaking at slow speeds over bumps/humps.

Suspension loading video

I have replaced all four struts, sway bar bushings, lower/upper ball joints and upper/lower control arm bushings with CS bushings (liberally greased).

Could it be the endlinks? It seems like an absurd amount of noise for that to be it. At first glance the motor mounts appear to need replacement as well, however the suspension loading and angle don’t seem to point to them either.

Input is greatly appreciated. I’ve been chasing this for a year

·
Registered
449 Posts
Anti sway bar bushings or the upper control arms. easy way to diagnose is to remove the end link nuts and drive over bumps. if the noise goes away it is the anti sway bar bushings. If the noise continues it is the upper control arm bushings.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Anti sway bar bushings or the upper control arms. easy way to diagnose is to remove the end link nuts and drive over bumps. if the noise goes away it is the anti sway bar bushings. If the noise continues it is the upper control arm bushings.

I’ve replaced them both but I’ll give this a try to try and isolate. They’re a year old as they stand

·
Premium Member
OEM-ISH Coupe
169 Posts

1 - 13 of 13 Posts