Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi.....new to this group...and a single female! My Caddy has recently been having issues with the air-conditioning.....seems to turn on cold then simmer out. Also one day the radio flickered on/off a few times. Made an appt with Cadillac. Unfortunately had to cancel due to a ankle injury. I have had ZERO warnings and no odd sounds. The other day I was driving to work and I heard a weird noise...thought it was the scummer car in front of me. All if a sudden my car felt sluggish and as I exited the highway and slowed to a stop at a major intersection in Las Vegas ....the check engine light came on and my car died. The shop is telling me I had ZERO oil in my car, probably blew a piston and I need a new engine!!! Why in the world would my Cadillac NOT give any warning if I had ZERO oil!!! There has never been a knocking noise, no signs of an oil leak! Granted my last oil change was in Sept. But I don't drive far or hardly at all. My car always alerts me when there is an issue. HELP PLEASE!!! Very confused and NOT paying 8k for a new engine!

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
Cadillac will give you a low oil warning in Digital instrument Cluster (DIC).

·
Registered
64 Posts
Where and when was your last oil change? IF it was a Jiffy Lube/Quick Lube place they might have messed up the drain plug, and it fell out along with all of your oil.

Did the shop say anything about that?

Might be lawsuit time.....

Best of luck.....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts