Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having issues with my 2012 sedan; camera screen is blurry and image comes and goes, takes up to three times longer than normal for the screen to retract, passenger side mirror moves in or out almost every time I start the car, what's displayed on info screen on the tach changes by itself and the built in garage door opener lost its memory. Started with the mirror moving just every now and then, eventually started moving almost every time, next I noticed the info screen on the tach changing, then the garage door button stopped working and now a couple of days later, the camera. Anybody have similar instances and what was the remedy?
Thanks

·
Registered
207 Posts
Hopefully you bought the extended warranty! Did you install anything aftermarket in the electrical department? If so, check the connections/ splicing. If not maybe unplug the battery over night then plug it back in in the morning. Hopfully it resets what you are experiencing.

·
Registered
3,777 Posts
Do you have Sunroof? Has it leaked?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hopefully you bought the extended warranty! Did you install anything aftermarket in the electrical department? If so, check the connections/ splicing. If not maybe unplug the battery over night then plug it back in in the morning. Hopfully it resets what you are experiencing.
Yes, I did purchase an extended warranty, have not installed anything in the electrical department, mirror started moving about 8 months ago randomly, now moves almost every time I start the car, as all the other things happening just recently. I think that this is something that is progressively going bad. I did try the global reset when the mirror first started moving, seemed to help, may try again, thanks.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Do you have Sunroof? Has it leaked?
Yes, she does have a sunroof and it did leak right after purchasing the car while it was at the dealership getting some warranty work done. The dealership cleaned the drains and detailed the interior.

·
Registered
3,777 Posts
Water infiltrating the center stack could be a cause.

·
Registered
3,777 Posts
Not sure on the '12, but the sunroof drains may have potential issues where the water drains out at the very end of the drains. A known problem. I believe Cadillac changed these tips later in the run, just not sure what year.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Yes, I did purchase an extended warranty, have not installed anything in the electrical department, mirror started moving about 8 months ago randomly, now moves almost every time I start the car, as all the other things happening just recently. I think that this is something that is progressively going bad. I did try the global reset when the mirror first started moving, seemed to help, may try again, thanks.
I see, at this point if you tried everything mentioned above and you have/ had that leak, you should take it to the dealer and have them pull warranty on it before anything else goes south. Have them fix your sunroof as well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts