Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I've had my V for over 10 years. All the sudden both of the remotes are no longer recognized. I've replace the batteries with fresh ones and checked for correct polarity, still no luck. I have to place the key fob in the "jewel" pocket in center console for the car to recognize it to start the engine. Has anyone else experienced this? I haven't found a solution on any of the threads yet. Any assistance is greatly appreciated.馃檪

Premium Member
2011 CTSV Coupe M BLK LSX376-B15
I had the same experience with both mine too. It turned out the thickness of the replacement batteries were slightly undersized. I inserted a thin piece of foam between the battery and backside case to insure consistent elecrical contact.

Registered
I had the same experience with both mine too. It turned out the thickness of the replacement batteries were slightly undersized. I inserted a thin piece of foam between the battery and backside case to insure consistent elecrical contact.
This may be the case.
If you replaced yours with a CR2025 (20mm diameter, 2.5MM thick) battery, try a CR 2032 (20mm diameter, 3.2mm thick) battery.

Registered
Hello,
I've had my V for over 10 years. All the sudden both of the remotes are no longer recognized. I've replace the batteries with fresh ones and checked for correct polarity, still no luck. I have to place the key fob in the "jewel" pocket in center console for the car to recognize it to start the engine. Has anyone else experienced this? I haven't found a solution on any of the threads yet. Any assistance is greatly appreciated.馃檪
Pull the console to check for loose connections or corrosion?
Maybe see how many keys are programmed to your car? Fob in pocket, use key to unlock door or trunk 5 times in 5 seconds. DIC should display READY TO PROGRAM KEY #3 or 4. If it is not the next number of keys you have in your possession, I would delete all keys and start fresh with the keys I have. Directions are in your owners manual.

I used CR2032 batteries. Could be a slight manufacturing difference between vendors?
Could be. But if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Goodness... I apologize for not responing sooner. I never got a notice that there was a response to my post in my email box. I will jump on this ASAP. It appears I now have a more serious problem with the suspension system. I've been getting a warning in the center console pop up on the digital read out and then would disappear for a couple weeks. Now it's the first message that pops up after start up and along with one of the amber idiot lights. 馃槵

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.