Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
21 - 40 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Wagon A6
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
After talking with my builder last night. This is the plan of action. Going with 388 so there is less torque to strain on the drivetrain

• Dart block
  • Dart CCW crank
  • Callie’s Ultra H beam rods
  • 10:1 - 10.5:1 pistons
  • Brodix BP BR 3 heads (gonna ask about upgrading to a 2.20 valve)
  • FIC 1300 injectors
  • DSX Aux fuel pump
  • DDP intake

They are gonna sell my long block and if the buyer wants, supercharger, injectors, throttle body as well. Which will drive the following

• Kong or Magnuson 2650
  • Kong 112mm TB or NW 103mm.

Said that build times will take roughly 4-5 months. I told him perfect because I can’t come home from overseas for about 8 months.

Reactions: random84

·
Premium Member
16,622 Posts
FIC injectors? Lol

That's like catering Thanksgiving Dinner at your luxurious, trendy suburban home in the upscale part of town, having the fine china and all the fixin's laid out with a nice selection of wine - and then using plastic forks.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2012 Wagon A6
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
They are Fuel Injection Connection.
The shop uses them, DW and I think he said Bosch injectors.

If some ID1300x are on sale for Black Friday, I’ll grab a set

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
FIC injectors? Lol

That's like catering Thanksgiving Dinner at your luxurious, trendy suburban home in the upscale part of town, having the fine china and all the fixin's laid out with a nice selection of wine - and then using plastic forks.

I don't know random...pat g recommended fic injectors to me. But I do often eat with plastic forks.haha

·
Premium Member
16,622 Posts
I'm pretty sure FICs have had mixed results. Not that they don't work - just they are less consistent and have given guys some idle issues in the past on bigger builds.

·
Registered
2011 Black Wagon
207 Posts
I'm pretty sure FICs have had mixed results. Not that they don't work - just they are less consistent and have given guys some idle issues in the past on bigger builds.

Random-do you know if this might be related to the stock fuel rails? I remember from somewhere (?) someone saying they chased a hot start/idle issue all over but problem was resolved with billet fuel rails. For reference, I do remember 416 CID, heads, cam, ID 1300’s, etc etc. Apologies for not citing my source; suppose I could do a search or just ask…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2012 Wagon A6
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
No link. Contact us by email for a quote. [email protected]
email sent

I know that ID are top game. That’s why I got the 1050x ones that have like 15 minutes of run time now. Haha

It makes me curious what the Bosch brand is they use since ID and Bosch designed the ID injectors.

I had Fuel Injection Clinic on my GT500 and had no issues with them but in aftermarket world, these are the only two cars I’ve had bigger injectors in. Was in the diesel world up until recent

·
Vendor
13,338 Posts
email sent

I know that ID are top game. That’s why I got the 1050x ones that have like 15 minutes of run time now. Haha

It makes me curious what the Bosch brand is they use since ID and Bosch designed the ID injectors.

I had Fuel Injection Clinic on my GT500 and had no issues with them but in aftermarket world, these are the only two cars I’ve had bigger injectors in. Was in the diesel world up until recent

Most often when people say Bosch they mean that it is a modified Bosch core that started as a stock Bosch 34mm injector that flowed much less. This is true of many of the injector options. The IDs are also Bosch but a Bosch Motorsport with upgraded internals etc.

·
Registered
2012 Wagon A6
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Most often when people say Bosch they mean that it is a modified Bosch core that started as a stock Bosch 34mm injector that flowed much less. This is true of many of the injector options. The IDs are also Bosch but a Bosch Motorsport with upgraded internals etc.
Makes sense. I received your email. Just waiting on my builder to get back to me. Supposed to be today or tomorrow. Then will go from there.

@random84 I finally read through all 75 pages of your build thread.
1) it seemed that building your own fuel lines from tank to engine solved some issues. Do you recommend upgrading to something similar? I currently have the DW300’s, new FPCM, ALM stage 2 hat and was going to get an AUX pump.
2) with upgrading to a 2650, do you think the new Magnuson or Kong? If Kong, better to keep the stock lid with better brick? Or did doing the spacer fix the IAT2 sensor reading?
3) I have been debating the 112mm over the 103mm throttle body. I know I want the DDP intake but I saw someone had to heat theirs up to open enough to slide over the 112. Think it’s worth the flow difference to go 112?

Reactions: random84

·
Premium Member
16,622 Posts
Makes sense. I received your email. Just waiting on my builder to get back to me. Supposed to be today or tomorrow. Then will go from there.

@random84 I finally read through all 75 pages of your build thread.
1) it seemed that building your own fuel lines from tank to engine solved some issues. Do you recommend upgrading to something similar? I currently have the DW300’s, new FPCM, ALM stage 2 hat and was going to get an AUX pump.
2) with upgrading to a 2650, do you think the new Magnuson or Kong? If Kong, better to keep the stock lid with better brick? Or did doing the spacer fix the IAT2 sensor reading?
3) I have been debating the 112mm over the 103mm throttle body. I know I want the DDP intake but I saw someone had to heat theirs up to open enough to slide over the 112. Think it’s worth the flow difference to go 112?
1. So stand alone fuel lines opened up a lot of headroom for sure. It was a bit of a pain in the ass and expensive- but I think I needed it. I think you could make the OEM fuel lines work with some trimming - if so I'd keep the stock lines and rail until you NEED the extra headroom. Then, you can drop $2500 on the rails, ethanol sensor adapter, fittings and line.

2. I love the Kong. But the IAT2 reads high and it's a pain. The ZL1 lid is superior, the Kong lid is a bust I think. But all things considered, I'd try the new Maggie with potentially better cooling unless someone has had a detailed, negative review of one.

3. I wasn't going Max power and people have had issues with the 112, I stuck with the 103 and have no complaints. But again, I'm more of a daily and less of a ET goal build.

·
Registered
2012 Wagon A6
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
1. So stand alone fuel lines opened up a lot of headroom for sure. It was a bit of a pain in the ass and expensive- but I think I needed it. I think you could make the OEM fuel lines work with some trimming - if so I'd keep the stock lines and rail until you NEED the extra headroom. Then, you can drop $2500 on the rails, ethanol sensor adapter, fittings and line.

2. I love the Kong. But the IAT2 reads high and it's a pain. The ZL1 lid is superior, the Kong lid is a bust I think. But all things considered, I'd try the new Maggie with potentially better cooling unless someone has had a detailed, negative review of one.

3. I wasn't going Max power and people have had issues with the 112, I stuck with the 103 and have no complaints. But again, I'm more of a daily and less of a ET goal build.

1) what trimming would be needed for the OEM fuel lines? I was looking at the Fore Dual pump as an alternative but like you said, it’s $2,600.

2) you believe the ZL1 over the CTSV lid? I think I remember reading the ZL1 doesn’t give the back cylinders as much air? Or is that both lids. Have you seen the DSX billet lid? Thoughts on that one? It looks well designed but don’t think it’s been out long.

3) fair enough. I see a Granatelli 108mm and thought I saw a 105mm somewhere. Not sure if that makes much more of a difference than the 103mm. I know the NW has been around for ages and proven.

·
Premium Member
16,622 Posts
I haven't done it, but I believe the OEM fuel lines will fit if you cut the front mount off. Test fitting will answer that question.

I like the DSX lid, but whether you buy the premium lid or not is less critical than using the Kong lid.

·
Registered
2012 Wagon A6
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
I haven't done it, but I believe the OEM fuel lines will fit if you cut the front mount off. Test fitting will answer that question.

I like the DSX lid, but whether you buy the premium lid or not is less critical than using the Kong lid.

Awesome. Thank you for the insight. Will keep that thought for when it gets to that stage. Hopefully in the next few months there will be more feedback from more running the Magnuson 2650.

·
Registered
2012 Wagon A6
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Facial expression Product Jaw Font Screenshot

saw this on a Facebook group. Looked like @CUIN8SEC car. Not sure if it’s him. Apparently can’t tag him but curious about what he said.

·
Premium Member
16,622 Posts
Maggie has always had a mixed history with this forum. It's a bit of a gamble but "on paper" it should be the better blower.

·
Registered
2012 Wagon A6
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Whipple has always had a mixed history with this forum. It's a bit of a gamble but "on paper" it should be the better blower.
I thought he was referencing the new Maggie 2650 and not the Whipple.
Either way, makes me wonder what is up with the pulley multiplication on both.

21 - 40 of 61 Posts