Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve been running a little race called The Texas Mile for multiple years now in search of the elusive 200 MPH. For those who don’t know, The Mile is a race held on a runway in Beeville Texas and it is between you and the car. How fast can she go from dead stop to the mile marker. I danced around it forever and finally went 202.2 in my built LS turbo swapped 1993 RX7FD3. Did all the work myself. Had about 35k in the car and beat cars with that much in mods in them. Placed 11th on that date and stood there with Corvettes, Lambos, and a CTSV that went 202.9. My promise to my wife was the sell the RX7 if I ever went over 200. So I did.

Anyway, about MY V. The day I sold my RX7, a friend had his coupe for sale. I did not know much about it, but I did know I liked it a lot. Also, it was same year model as the one who beat me at the mile. So the gears start turning! I’m gonna run this luxury sports car over 200 at the Texas Mile. So the adventure begins. Picked her up at a fantastic price, and he gave me all the receipts for the $26k in upgrades and tuning that was already spent. All the hard work was started and hopefully my wife won’t divorce me for being in the garage all the time.
So about the car. Cadillac Black and looks great with 120k miles. First steps were complete paint correction and ceramic coating followed by a chrome delete. Looks sinister. Also had an eagle embossed on the hood. I put a thick vinyl eagle/flag decal and applied it first, and then wrapped entire hood in gloss black. Makes it very subtle and a 3D look. Car sits at 775RWHP on a mild tune with E85. Quick list of the important mods are:
  • LME stage III ported heads
  • LME ported supercharger with Lingenfelter 18% OD pulley
  • TSP 2in headers with x-pipe
  • FIC 1000cc injectors
  • BTR Cam with .660 spring kit, chromoly pushrods
  • LS7 lifter trays
  • C&R heat exchanger
  • CHE High performance rocker trunions
  • Fore dual fuel pump system
  • Nick Williams 102 TB
  • Data Driven performance intake
  • Flex fuel sensor

I’m used to opening a hood and seeing all the upgrades, and it is weird to open this one and see all the plastic trim. Everything is all tucked away nice and pretty. I am really enjoying it so far. Next plans are for a rear mount inter cooler tank from Dedicated Motorsports, Aeroforce gauge to replace clock, and a new tightened up tune.

I am a fan of forums because I learn so much and am a hands on type of guy. I hope to pick up some good info about this car and make sure it’s ready the first time I step up to the start line. See y’all round!

Here she is.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Welcome and good luck at the Texas Mile - very familiar with the event and some insane cars running around Texas for sure. Biggest issue (I would imagine) you'll face with the V is Heat, even with E85. Might look into an inter chiller, or spraying Meth and/or Nitrous to help keep things cold. Usually not an issue in the 1/4 but I would expect it to come into play here, especially in Texas heat

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Forgot to mention, my bad ass wife framed up my Texas Mile speed ticket and gave it to me for my birthday! I get to look at it every day and hope to get a second one in a different car. DARE TO DREAM!

Been doing a lot of research on interchillers. Seems like they can get the trunk tank down about 10 degrees cooler then ice water. Also, it was recommended to have baffles in the trunk tank so that the returning warm water does not mix with the cold water. I am going to have a custom tank built to allow for this. So the setup should be 6 gallon trunk tank with baffles, EMP pump pushing cold water to the brick, then thru the interchiller back to the tank (I think). From research I have done, seems like running the 1in lines can be tedious. Ill wait till December timeframe to do this where the Texas heat does not kill me. I'm not the first to do this, so I will be leaning on the research and recommendations of others. I'll end up over at Pat G's for a tune when ready.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.