Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
676 Posts
Your mods are similar to where I first started. Take a look at my staged mods and the HP/TQ they yielded:
Stage 1 Mods:
Airaid CAI w\Sideswipe
Kook 2" headers, Kooks 3" off road x-pipe, Corsa Sport mufflers
C&R HX, BMR Reservoir, ZL1 Lid, Varimax pump, 160 T-stat
493 HP & TQ w/93 Octane on Mustang MD250 Dyno

Stage 2 Mods:
Fore Fuel Pump setup w/ID 1300 Injectors and Flex Fuel Sensor
2.38 Pulley w/Green belt & Green Air Filter
NGK TR7IX plugs and Mighty Mouse catch can
554 HP/570 TQ on 93 Octane - 616 HP/633 TQ w/E85 on Mustang MD250 Dyno

My tuner was Pat G. but fortunately I was able to drive to his shop for him to do all his tuning on a dyno as well as a few street pulls. Also with the 1300 injectors and 93 octane my car idled like stock. As for the exhaust I did tell you that it was going to be loud even if you deviated and went for the Borlas. When my car is being dyno'ed you need to cover your ears at WOT if you're standing behind it or you ears will be ringing like bells.

Reactions: DIEN11V

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Nice setup that is preety close to what i want to do. I'm ditching the cams idea for now and im gonna go with a 2.4 or 2.45 griptech pully i already ordered the zl1 lid and im having problems with my LPE heat exchanger order so i dont know if im going to stick with that or something else. I was expecting closer to 480ish. So i took my car yesterday to get check because i found a coolant leak and it was way to loud and turns out the supercharger intake was disconnected and the mechanic told me that is why it was so loud and was not idling properly also fixed the leak it was just a loose clamp. Car is not as loud anymore it idle's fine but im still taking her for a re-tune today. Hoping for some better numbers

·
Registered
203 Posts
I have kooks 1 7/8 headers, 3” X pipe with cats and corsa sport mufflers, it was a bit load and the sound was a higher pitch than I liked. I added a set of vibrant resonators and it lowered the pitch and sounds much better. I wasn’t expecting much as they are a 3 inch perforated straight pipe but provided exactly what I was looking for, loud enough with a lower pitch.

I have upper, lower, injectors, cam, zl1 lid, Varimax, WX heat exchanger, underhood tank, 630 HP

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Hey Steve you have a video of what it sounds like?
Got it tuned agian today and it made 505 on the dyno.

Much better :)

21 - 25 of 25 Posts