Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello people.
So i finally decided to do mods my sedan v and i'm usually pretty basic but i'm found afew good deals here and there so what the heck i guess its time... I only have corsa sport axle back installed but have kooks 1 7/8 headers, airaid intake and a bigger radiator from weapon x on the way ..(im having issues with my current radiator) and a oil catch can.

With a plan on buying lpe 2.55 pulley kit with 160 degree thermostat and 10% overdrive balancer, gt11 cam, ls6 valve spring, lpe intercooler, fuel injectors and eventually tune ofc.

At the this point im wondering if kooks x pipes are worth it at this point before if submit the order all together and if they would fit right on a sedan.

So will the x pipes make a big difference in performance

My overall goal is get as much performance as possible to keep this V as a daily driver and not get alot of drone noise or make it much louder.

Below are part numbers of everything mentioned for reference.

23112400- headers
LPE-L210065297 - GT11 CAMS
LPE-L250466509 - PULLY KIT
LPE-L220070709 - OVERDRIVE BALANCER
LPE-L310065307 - THERMOSTAT
LPE-L320030709 - INTERCOOLER.
14941- CORSA EXHAUST
AIR-253-253 - INTAKE.
12625033 - SPRINGS
D1050X- injectors.
Note sure of catch can part number.
WEAPON-X: Competition Radiator without the fans.

X-pipes in question (23113300)

Thanks i advance people.

·
Registered
367 Posts
It’ll flow better, you’ll be eliminating the secondary cats. Performance in terms of gains I’d imagine is marginal. FYI if you buy everything in the pulley kit from lpe separately it is actually like 40$ or so cheaper then buying the “kit” only thing you can’t buy separate is the supercharger dowel pins, but most people don’t replace them anyway.

·
Registered
676 Posts
Be warned, I have Kooks headers to Kooks catless pipes to 2 Corsa sport muffs and my car is f***ing loud. I love it especially on the freeway but lots of folks like to keep their caddy's quiet and tame and that setup will do the exact opposite. Just a heads up.

On a different note you might be able to save a lot of money by just going with a tiny 2.35 griptech pulley up top and leaving the stock lower in place. You'll negate the need for the lower balancer, lower pulley ring, new belt and labor. Just throwing it out there. Good luck with your build.

Reactions: DIEN11V

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yea so i got the headers, intake, catch can, radiator, msd wires, 160 degree thermostat, ngk iridium spark plus and D1050x injectors installed. I switched my corsa with a borla exhaust system and i'm doing a custom down pipe. Hopefully i'll get the tuning done next week and see what it sounds like and drives. Pully , cams and intercooler order got messed up and ended up being cancelled for now.

I got to reading more and did hear some good things about the griptech pulleys on weponx but wasn't too sure about how they would hold up under everyday use.

I also spoke to someone from lpe and they recommend the gt-9 cam.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Be warned, I have Kooks headers to Kooks catless pipes to 2 Corsa sport muffs and my car is f***ing loud. I love it especially on the freeway but lots of folks like to keep their caddy's quiet and tame and that setup will do the exact opposite. Just a heads up.

On a different note you might be able to save a lot of money by just going with a tiny 2.35 griptech pulley up top and leaving the stock lower in place. You'll negate the need for the lower balancer, lower pulley ring, new belt and labor. Just throwing it out there. Good luck with your build.
Did alil more reading changing to grip tech. Thanks for the heads up

·
Super Moderator
21,412 Posts
Noo.. I thought this would closest to stock... So what do you recommend?
I recommend either @LTZ1 or BTR. Former would be my first choice.

There are other good choices, no doubt, but I certainly would not use an LPE cam. I like some of their stuff, but not their cams.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
So alil update i got my car tuned but i think the tune isn't great. i made 467RWHP on the last run. I though i would make closer to 515. Car does not feel smooth at idle at all and that the last thing i wanted. It is reallly loud.

Tuner told me the injectors i put in were too big and i should have stayed stock.

So far i have the 1050 injectors, kooks headers borla exhaust, airaid cai, msd wires and ngk br8 spark plugs, weapon x radiator, 160degree theromstat and a catch can.

Shouldn't i be making alil more hp ?? what do you guys think?

Currently my next step is going with a 2.5 or 2.45 griptech pulley.

·
Super Moderator
21,412 Posts
You need a new tuner.

And forget the GT11 cam.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
yea already forgot about all lpe cams. my big problem now is the tuner i cant seem to find any good ones.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts