Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a beautiful used 2011 Coupe 9 months ago. I was told the seller spent about $3000 on mods and it showed 560 rwhp on the dyno. I never received the dyno sheet. It shows 12psi when run in Denver at 5000 feet altitude. I am planning for the next step and I am trying to figure out what I have now.

I measure the top pulley at 2.45” with the calipers stuck between the grooves. Should I measure at the top of the pulley grooves or the bottom?

The mufflers had been removed and I replaced the cat back with a SW 3” exhaust...much quieter with no apparent loss in power. It also has a cold air intake.

Everything else looks stock. Would you guess I currently have a 2.5” top pulley and likely no injectors or any other upgrades?

Looks like the next 100 hp will be much more expensive than the last.

Like my new 345/275 setup?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
871 Posts
I would guess you have an aftermarket intake like an Airaid. Nice round pipe from throttle body to fender? Stock is baffled for noise reduction. Do you hear supercharger whine? Have you looked for aftermarket cooling like a track attack HX?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I do have an Airaid. The Supercharger really whines! I recently did a walk around video and you can hear the blower from the back. I assume it needs a new isolator, so it will be next.

·
Premium Member
797 Posts
It should have an upgraded tune and if you've got HP Tuners, you can read the tune from the car to check to see if it has been modified for injectors.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I saw hp tuner is about $500. I have been wondering if it is a valuable tool for someone without a dyno.

·
Premium Member
797 Posts
It's a valuable tool in the hands of the right person but dangerous if you don't know what you're doing with it.

Need a good booty shot to really appreciate those 345's.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Love the 345 steam rollers, my Black Behemoth is itching for a set.

HP Tuners is great for remote tuning or logging runs at the track. I would take a snapshot of the current tune and save it before making any changes. Think of that as the undo button we use in the MS Office suite. Like Jim said be careful because if you change the wrong setting(s) you can really muck things up beyond what the undo button can fix.

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
I saw hp tuner is about $500. I have been wondering if it is a valuable tool for someone without a dyno.

Yes, if you plan to continue mods on the car I would spend the $$ for HP tuner. However (IMHO) I would not touch or adjust the current tune!! Guys on here and tuners as well, have spent thousands of hours learning and understanding all the different parameters (and there is a shit ton!) and what adjusting one thing can do to the rest of the tune. I've had HP tuner for over a year, and I still do not fully understand a lot of what is displayed and I'll say that I have not spent tons of time trying to learn. I use it to data log and remote tune with my tuner, and I only flash the car with what he gives me. Boosted engines like ours dont give you a mulligan if you make a wrong adjustment and do a wide open pull and hurt something.. So with that said, My advice, buy a HPT and find a someone that knows the LSA platform and is willing to work with you (if thats what you want), and will show you the many parts of using HPT, and that way if you want to experiment down the road you will know do's and don'ts. Best of luck.. Nice car BTW! Auto? M6?

·
Registered
115 Posts
Love the car! Theres some serious tire out back. I think you have guessed your mods perfect given what the car is claimed to make HP wise. If you want to continue down the mods road contact me anytime. I have a TON of options for you as well as experience with all power levels and combinations of mods.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yes, if you plan to continue mods on the car I would spend the $$ for HP tuner. However (IMHO) I would not touch or adjust the current tune!! Guys on here and tuners as well, have spent thousands of hours learning and understanding all the different parameters (and there is a shit ton!) and what adjusting one thing can do to the rest of the tune. I've had HP tuner for over a year, and I still do not fully understand a lot of what is displayed and I'll say that I have not spent tons of time trying to learn. I use it to data log and remote tune with my tuner, and I only flash the car with what he gives me. Boosted engines like ours dont give you a mulligan if you make a wrong adjustment and do a wide open pull and hurt something.. So with that said, My advice, buy a HPT and find a someone that knows the LSA platform and is willing to work with you (if thats what you want), and will show you the many parts of using HPT, and that way if you want to experiment down the road you will know do's and don'ts. Best of luck.. Nice car BTW! Auto? M6?
M6. Looks like very sound advice! Do you have an Air/Fuel mixture indication in the car?

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
M6. Looks like very sound advice! Do you have an Air/Fuel mixture indication in the car?

Wideband? No an I wish I did because it helps your tuner see what's happening in actual time. I may do it shortly.. however have A LOT of other shit happening right now. Love the M6. I'm M6 sedan. Here's a link to my debacle.

http://www.ctsvowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=138266

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

1 - 14 of 14 Posts