Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like I'm biting the bullet on getting the coupe protected.

They doing a full paint correction, STEK DYNOshield wrap followed up with CQuartz Finest Reserve. They're also doing the wheels and calipers.

I went with Detail Maniacs in Sacramento since they had all 5 star reviews and I was impressed with the 2 Ferraris, Cobra Jet and a couple Porches they were working on in the shop.

It seemed a little pricey, but it is California. $4000.

Since I'm in the Sierras and have to deal with log trucks, sap and shitty roads I figured it would be worth the $ for piece of mind and ease of keeping the car looking good.

Hopefully they'll get some pics of the process, along with before and after, since they're close to 2 hours away I won't be stopping in looking at the progress.

·
Registered
79 Posts
In my opinion not sure if it's worth to have ceramic coating. I have it on my car. Agree that its a little easier to maintain. For that price you could have it detailed a couple times a year and do matanice yourself.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It was more the PPF I was wanting done to help avoid rock chips from the roads here. I'll have to ask about deleting the ceramic which I believe they put over the PPF?

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Holy Fuck Balls Batman... That's sounds like a lot of $$$. But I don't live in Cally and know stuff is more expensive there.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I drop it off Monday and still have the option to cancel. The original option I was looking at was the paint correction, ceramic and only the front clip in PPF for $2400. It went up substantially with the full wrap.

Hopefully I'll get more input from people before Monday.

That 4k would do some mods I'm looking forward to:eek:

·
Premium Member
6,916 Posts
In my opinion not sure if it's worth to have ceramic coating. I have it on my car. Agree that its a little easier to maintain. For that price you could have it detailed a couple times a year and do matanice yourself.
You don't have the right coating then...

·
Super Moderator
16,474 Posts
I switched to ceramic (Gyeon Mohs) and it’s impressive. So much easier to maintain black.

Mohs’s is a mid grade ceramic and about the best DIY option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I switched to ceramic (Gyeon Mohs) and it’s impressive. So much easier to maintain black.

Mohs’s is a mid grade ceramic and about the best DIY option.

So in your opinion should I go with the ceramic with PPF on front clip only?

·
Super Moderator
16,474 Posts
I think PPF on the whole car is ridiculous.

Front clip, leading edge of hood and area in front of rear wheels maybe, or better yet, don’t tailgate the car in front of you.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I think PPF on the whole car is ridiculous.

Front clip, leading edge of hood and area in front of rear wheels maybe, or better yet, don’t tailgate the car in front of you.

Thanks Larry!

These log trucks on the highway are always throwing rocks and I don't tailgate because off that.
Last year I took mt Dodge 2500 to the glass shop to have 3 windshield chips fixed, by the time I got home I had a new one from a log truck going the other direction. I could see the damn rock bouncing down the highway and it just happened to ping when I needed it to pong.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Stopped by to see the progress on the paint correction. The car was waiting for the final wash but looked good for having a coat of dust on it.

Decided to go with PPF on the front and rockers with the ceramic coat.

Over all I'm amazed at how they made the paint pop.

Should be complete on Monday.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Finally got around to having the last coat of ceramic applied.

Impressed at how hard it is to find the start/stop lines in the PPF on the rockers and pillars.

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts