Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
I need about tree fiddy.
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Can't change the title in the sub-forum to reflect current asking price...

As it sits, I am asking $30,000

Off forum contact information can be provided through PM.

So...since I do not drive the car as much as it should be driven and with an upcoming another 6 to 7 month trip overseas, I am thinking it will be best to move on. I do not want it to sit like it has the last 4 years, and would like it to go to someone that can enjoy the car and get it on the road as much as it deserves.

Big Details:
2010 White Diamond Sedan, A6, Non-Recaro, Panaroof, Midnight Sapele wood, Ebony/Cashmere interior, Black/Bronze Z28 Replicas (from Jon at BWD).

Body has around 43,8xx miles, engine rebuild just over 2,500 miles. I rarely drive the car, normally once (maybe twice) a week when I am home...so the mileage will increase by about 20 to 40 miles each week I manage to get a drive in, if that.

Stock wheels included (Polished under black Plastidip, older Extreme Contact DWs with decent tread) and two 19x10 C6Z Spyder replicas. Also included will be about 7 gallons of VP M1 Meth, and all the containers I have for it. Then I have a RHO Plate adapter that is included, for those that have a state that requires a front plate.

Currently car is financed through USAA.

Mods:
Fully Forged LSA Block (LSA Crank, Callies H Beam, Wiesco -10cc)
Ported LSA Heads
Ported LSA Blower
LSA Lid with reinforced brick
Ported LSA Snout
Ported LSA TB
SNL Custom Grind Cam (Around Stage 1.5)
New Era 4" Intake
ID1000 Injectors
NorCal Ice Box
WeaponX Track Attack HX
10.5" Lower Pulley/2.85" Upper (Metco/IW Dampener, billet tensioner, 100mm/50mm ideler) (about 14 PSI)
ARH 1 7/8" Long tubes, no cats, stock mufflers
Alky Control Dual Nozzle (M1 Methanol pre-boost), with washer fluid tank as the meth tank.
All work done at SNL in Haslet Texas.

Car makes around 690-720 at the wheels with a 91 Octane/Meth tune, depending on the weather and dyno.

Full build list receipts will be provided through email, if requested.

I have owned the car since for 5 and half years now (February 2013 with 22,000 miles), and I am the second owner.

Issues:
It does have paint chipping on the front fascia. This came from driving the car across the desert southwest 3 times in 2013. There is also one paint chip on the rear fascia near the trunk line. Detailed pictures can be provided. Also, the break cooling ducts flew out of the car and took most of the under tray and the front part of the wheel wells with them. The drivers side happened a couple weeks after purchase, and the passenger side followed about 2 months later.

I can attempt to arrange meeting somewhere within about 3 hours of Manhattan, KS to transfer the car off.

I am kind of firm on the price...I do not have to sell the car, but it just sits in my garage 99% of the time and it would be better if I can send the car to a new owner that will just drive the car.

·
I need about tree fiddy.
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
(Picture Reserve) Any requested pictures will be added here or sent through PM. Just let me know what you’d like to see.

Interior shots

It is not dirty anymore, I have done an interior detail since these pictures were taken. I will try update when I have a chance to get some pictures in good lighting and when I am not busy getting ready for my extended trip. I will fully clean and detail interior prior to any purchase.

Paint chip (big rock) example

When this happened, I pulled right over to see if it broke anything...

Rule requirement picture.

·
I need about tree fiddy.
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Four pictures added...will add one with my Screenname and Date when I get home. Like the picture post states, I have no objection to providing more photos that are requested. I can either post them in this thread or send through via PM.

·
Super Moderator
8,632 Posts
No.

·
I need about tree fiddy.
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I know...haha. But if I am looking at taking a pay cut starting next fall, I should be responsible and clear as much debt as I have. Thankfully, this car is my only real debt...unless you count my mortgage.

14 years in...and probably going to ETS (sort of) at the end of September.

·
Super Moderator
8,632 Posts
I know...haha. But if I am looking at taking a pay cut starting next fall, I should be responsible and clear as much debt as I have. Thankfully, this car is my only real debt...unless you count my mortgage.

14 years in...and probably going to ETS (sort of) at the end of September.
Sorry to hear it, man. I’m moving out to your last location btw. Wish me luck.

·
I need about tree fiddy.
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sorry to hear it, man. I’m moving out to your last location btw. Wish me luck.
Good luck...haha.

It is really not that bad out there not being RTU. Just leave the desert OFTEN...unless that desert is Vegas, that desert is fine. Also, be sure to hit up all the canyon roads out there. There are some awesome drives all over there. And hit up Noel (Got Bearings?) and check out the SoCal V FB group. They are a really good group of cunts down there.

·
Registered
224 Posts
ETS ? the stronghold company. This sounds like a steal.

·
I need about tree fiddy.
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
I will outline something to eliminate some future PMs...

If buyer wants me to get the O2s fixed, the price will be a lot higher...but like the ad states, if I take the car to get the O2s fixed I will be removing the sale ad.
If buyer wants me to get the paint chips fixed, the price will be even higher.

I have priced this car around $10,000 lower than one that is free of big issues, with similar mods and miles. If this car was 100% sorted, I would be asking over $35,000, just rock chips...probably $31,000 to $34,000.

Edit: Also, I will not release the car from my custody unless it is fully paid for. If you want to have a mechanic check it out, that is fine and I have no objections...but it will have to done where I live. I will not incur an expense to ship/transport the car to a shop of someone's choice with a "promise" they will pay the shop and me, just to back out if/when they get cold feet. I am very reasonable, but that unknown makes me very apprehensive when it comes to an item I have a lot of time, money, and headaches in.

·
Premium Member
7,089 Posts
I will outline something to eliminate some future PMs...

If buyer wants me to get the O2s fixed, the price will be a lot higher...but like the ad states, if I take the car to get the O2s fixed I will be removing the sale ad.
If buyer wants me to get the paint chips fixed, the price will be even higher.

I have priced this car around $10,000 lower than one the is free of issues, with similar mods and miles. If this car was 100% sorted, I would be asking over $35,000.
Get used to it man, you wouldn't believe the retarded questions and offers I got for my Wagon on here. I posted the carfax, accident pics, disclosed what happened with the repair and some folks were shocked to find out it had been wrecked and decided it wasn't for them. There are people dumb enough out there to think they will find a pristine perfect car for 10k below actual market/sale value.

·
Super Moderator
20,830 Posts
When I asked Random84 to change his interior to black and sell me the car for $30k, he completely ignored me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
I need about tree fiddy.
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Added a couple additional pictures (interior, engine bay, trunk, roof, and the big rock chip), along with a screenshot of the current CEL codes with the VIN Number.

Get used to it man, you wouldn't believe the retarded questions and offers I got for my Wagon on here. I posted the carfax, accident pics, disclosed what happened with the repair and some folks were shocked to find out it had been wrecked and decided it wasn't for them. There are people dumb enough out there to think they will find a pristine perfect car for 10k below actual market/sale value.
Its all good...worse case in this is I fix it and have 700+ whp V to troll around Kansas in.

When I asked Random84 to change his interior to black and sell me the car for $30k, he completely ignored me.
Random always ignores the old school cunts of this board...how cunty.

·
Premium Member
15,017 Posts
It's 11:04 PM EST and I'm taking a shit. You know how sometimes the log hits a cheek sideways, and then 15 squares later you're thinking "Jeezus, when will I get all of that?!?" That's where I'm at now.

ETA: Got it!

·
I need about tree fiddy.
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Final week the car will be up for sale. I will be making arrangements with a coworker, and trailing the car to a LS shop to get the O2 issue ironed out. Which mean I will more than likely be keeping the car for the foreseeable future.

I have been tracing the possible causes to the upstream sensors not reading. Why I replaced the O2s, and recently been checking fuses and wires I can easily get too. What I have landed on as the problem is either: 1. Broken/frayed connection wires after the O2 pig tail (most likely). 2. The downstream O2 that should be deactivated (P0056) is throwing a short effecting the upstream sensors (not likely). 3. Bad MAF (not too likely).

·
I need about tree fiddy.
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Since I got a PM requesting one, here is a short video showing the car does start and drive. Record this evening (28 March 2018), with date proof for the video/combine clips.

Edit: Since I drove for the first time in about a month, I looked at the odometer...Current Miles (Body) 42616. which puts the engine rebuild at ~1,800.

·
I need about tree fiddy.
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Shit, mine has more than yours.

Helps that I didn’t get to drive it from March 2014 to December 2016...then again from January 2017 to September 2017...haha.

Bought the car with a shade up 22,000 miles in February 2013, and put almost 19,000 miles on it before the engine let go a year and a week after I bought it.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.