Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure what happened to my first post but here's the second attempt at a build thread. Purchased a 2010 cts v sedan white diamond back in July from a buddy (2nd car from the same friend). The car had 59k miles, lingenfelter 650 kit plus id1050 injectors. Original goal was to make it into the low 10's but still be reliable dd, but after attending cadillac attack and watching v's crack the 8's in person it got me thinking about the 9's

After a few months of owning the car I attended the Wannagofast Ocala, I quickly realized it wasn't fast enough or loud enough :cool: so Mont Motorsports helped me out with some ARH LT headers, smaller pulley, wires, etc.

Current mods include the following:
Airaid 4" intake w/green filter
Sideswipe deflector
ID 1050 injectors
ARH 1 7/8" LT headers no cats - stock mufflers (love the way these cars sound with longtubes)
Griptec 2.4 pulley with LPE 10 bolt hub
LPE ported snout & throttle body
160 thermostat
B3R expansion tank
Weaponx Track Attack heat exchanger
DMS 100mm idler pulley
Varimax Pump
Mighty Mouse Catch Can
CHenry Motorsports Tune

Fastest quarter mile so far is 11.103 @ 124.55 ( think I was having belt slip due to the wrong size belt)
Still getting used to launching the car coming from an awd supercharged sierra denali. Hoping to perfect this current setup and crack into the 10's before more mods.

Future Mods:
ZL1 lid (installing this week)
Stage 2 or 2.5 cam kit
ATI balancer w/lower pulley
E85 - drop in pumps with sensor or DMS aux kit / undecided
Ported Heads - after market cast or ported stock (really like AFR or Trickflow but trying to not get carried away)

I've been lurking for a while reading tons of posts trying to learn as much as I can, I appreciate all the insight and experience on this forum. already met some really cool Florida v owners, look forward to meeting more.

Attachments

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
ZL1 Lid install / I know there's plenty of threads on this but figured I'd post it in case my experience with this install can save somebody time.

I like the look of the AN hoses but being this was my first time dealing with AN hoses it took some getting used to. I initially ordered the Summit AN hose cutter and but returned it since it mangled the end of the hose, could of been operator error, but ended up using a grinder tool which left a clean hose end.
Parts used are as follows:
DMS ZL1 lid kit w/reinforced brick & 12 AN hose (removed the stock hard lines)
B3R tank with 1/2" npt barbs ( bought new barbs for the tank but the AN hose easily fits over these fittings)
Weapon X Track Attack HX with 3/4" barb (AN hose took a heat gun and some persuasion to get over this, it was a tight fit)
Varimax Pump (I believe the barb's on the pump are 19mm, the AN hose took a heat gun and some work to get on these as well)

I used adjustable wrenches and a table vise, wrapped the fittings in tape to cut down on scratches but in the end I still messed up some of the fittings ( nothing a little sanding and spray paint cant fix but it will eat at me knowing I messed up nice new looking AN fittings)

Attachments

Reactions: Blades1_99

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
updated varimax pump position. was getting some pressure in the coolant tank and had a hard time bleeding the system. Flipped the pump to where the fluid now feeds from the coolant tank into the pump and flows thru the heat exchanger back up to the supercharger lid

Attachments

Reactions: random84

·
Registered
139 Posts
updated varimax pump position. was getting some pressure in the coolant tank and had a hard time bleeding the system. Flipped the pump to where the fluid now feeds from the coolant tank into the pump and flows thru the heat exchanger back up to the supercharger lid
I am interested on this set up might need to build the same thing. I have a Pierburg pump which I clamped to the stock location but the pump inlet is not the same as the stock bosch location so I feel like there is a small kink on a hose. If I connect it that way you have it (reservoir hose to pump outlet and HX hose to pump inlet) would that reverse the flow?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am interested on this set up might need to build the same thing. I have a Pierburg pump which I clamped to the stock location but the pump inlet is not the same as the stock bosch location so I feel like there is a small kink on a hose. If I connect it that way you have it (reservoir hose to pump outlet and HX hose to pump inlet) would that reverse the flow?
That pierburg pump looks awesome, if my varimax dies I may need to try it out. I messed up when I initially plumbed the hoses, I could of done without flipping the pump if I would of had the pump feeding into the bottom of the intercooler brick instead of the reservoir tank. With the pump feeding into the reservoir tank then the Intercooler brick, it would cavitate and push air into the system.

Here's a diagram of the way it was when I bought the car with the varimax, reservoir and stock lid vs when I installed the pump the correct way with the zl1 lid and new hoses. Don't do reservoir hose to pump outlet like I originally had it plumbed, the diagram shows 2 pump positions that seemed to work. Hopefully this helps you figure out which way you want to mount the pump.

Are you saying the pierburg feeds in thru the 90 and out the barb on the top ?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Which front grill did you go with, and how did you install it?
Very nice car.

Sent from my iPhone using motherf’n Tapatalk!

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
E85 - drop in pumps with sensor or DMS aux kit / undecided
Hey from St Pete.

If you are going to do the above, get Adam's improved Top hat.

Reactions: SilverSurfer

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Which front grill did you go with, and how did you install it?
Very nice car.

Sent from my iPhone using motherf’n Tapatalk!
Thanks. not sure on where the grilles came from maybe ebay. my buddy installed them before I bought the car. I believe they just clip into the bumper, new style emblem is mounted using epoxy to secure 3 bolts to the back, bolts thru the grille with washers and nuts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey from St Pete.

If you are going to do the above, get Adam's improved Top hat.
Wassup, used to be in Tampa frequently before covid-19 back when Hockey games were allowed

Thanks for the heads up, I'm not familiar with Adam's top hat but I'll look into it. Are you running e-85?

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Wassup, used to be in Tampa frequently before covid-19 back when Hockey games were allowed

Thanks for the heads up, I'm not familiar with Adam's top hat but I'll look into it. Are you running e-85?
I do blended. I didn't want to tap the tank nor cut the floorboard yet if I don't have to. When I do "have to" do the top hat, I will do @adam112 's

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yea thats why I started looking at the drop in pumps didnt want to tap the tank, already have the access hatch so no worries about cutting anything. Really only gonna run e-85 when I go to the track

·
Registered
139 Posts
That pierburg pump looks awesome, if my varimax dies I may need to try it out. I messed up when I initially plumbed the hoses, I could of done without flipping the pump if I would of had the pump feeding into the bottom of the intercooler brick instead of the reservoir tank. With the pump feeding into the reservoir tank then the Intercooler brick, it would cavitate and push air into the system.

Here's a diagram of the way it was when I bought the car with the varimax, reservoir and stock lid vs when I installed the pump the correct way with the zl1 lid and new hoses. Don't do reservoir hose to pump outlet like I originally had it plumbed, the diagram shows 2 pump positions that seemed to work. Hopefully this helps you figure out which way you want to mount the pump.

Are you saying the pierburg feeds in thru the 90 and out the barb on the top ?
Mine was a stock set up (stock pump and HX). This past winter I switched to a bigger HX and pierburg pump routed the whole thing same as stock. I assume pierburg feeds the same as the stock bosch pump, or like any HX pumps ( feed through the 90 and out of the main snout on the top)

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Yea thats why I started looking at the drop in pumps didnt want to tap the tank, already have the access hatch so no worries about cutting anything. Really only gonna run e-85 when I go to the track
Then I would definitely do Adam's top hat.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Mine was a stock set up (stock pump and HX). This past winter I switched to a bigger HX and pierburg pump routed the whole thing same as stock. I assume pierburg feeds the same as the stock bosch pump, or like any HX pumps ( feed through the 90 and out of the main snout on the top)
I didn’t have the stock pump to reference but the varimax flows output thru the 90, inlet is on the top. I’d guess the Pierburg is similar. where does your hose from the 90 on the pump connect to ? Do you have a reservoir tank?

·
Registered
149 Posts
I think going from tank bottom to pump inlet then pump outlet to HX to Brick back to tank is best. Feeding the pump directly avoids cavitation of the pump, feeding the HX makes bleeding the system easier.
I think the Varimax and pierburgh outlets are opposite (clockwise vs counter clockwise. I used the Varimax pump because it made the install in the best orientation and could feed the heat exchanger drivers side port.

Here are the recommended orientations for pumps.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I think going from tank bottom to pump inlet then pump outlet to HX to Brick back to tank is best. Feeding the pump directly avoids cavitation of the pump, feeding the HX makes bleeding the system easier.
I think the Varimax and pierburgh outlets are opposite (clockwise vs counter clockwise. I used the Varimax pump because it made the install in the best orientation and could feed the heat exchanger drivers side port.

Here are the recommended orientations for pumps.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
thanks for the info, I'll have to monitor my iat's and see if I need to change the pump position or hoses

1 - 16 of 16 Posts