Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys newbie here. Ive had my 2010 V for 2 years now. Mods are airaid CAI with green filter, ZL1 lid, and a small tune. Everything was great with vehicle until last week when trying to boot her down as soon as RPMs started to rise and near the top end of the gear it seemed to bounce of rev limiter like it couldnt find a gear or know what to do. Its very constant now. Not getting into WOT the car drives great. Also while driving even for 2 hours trans fluid temp only read 100 degrees....now if i start up and idle for 30 mins it eill climb to 180 degrees then if i start driving it nosedives back toward 100 degrees. I am at a loss. I dont see any threads on low trans temps only too hot. Any idea's??

·
Registered
120 Posts
Your trans is on its way out. Not sure what your budget is but it’s worth adding a quart of fluid And see if that saves you. With stocking power numbers a slipping trans is a dead one, guessing your mileage is higher. A fluid flush could potentially help too. I’d try that. And top up with extra fluid on the refill.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts