Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
4,438 Posts

· Registered
4,438 Posts
They're not that much money.

If you want cheap...Honda has something for you.

Reactions: Blown376 and Karch

· Registered
89 Posts
They are available on Rock Auto under "Suspension -> Shock Absorbers" The OEM magnaride shocks for the rear are $254 each which is not bad at all considering they are special. Replacing the rears was the best thing I ever did with my car. They are shot even if you do not think they are. The forces this car give on them really wrecks them. ~$500 makes your car feel like new. I also did the fronts but they were 360 a pop and it did not really do much for the handling (My struts were still good in the front after 95k miles)

· Registered
117 Posts
The rears take the abuse and will typically begin failure by leaking. They will eventually lock up if you don't replace when leaking. I did three pair of rears in 208,000 miles on my 2010.

It is said that these can be replaced individually. For instance one is leaking the other is dry. I don't understand the finer points of how Magnarides work, but I figured the other would fail eventually anyway, so I replaced them in pairs.

I never replaced the front shocks. They did not leak and the ride was still the same. The Magnarides produce the best overall ride I have ever had in any car, period. Not to mention track time.

I have factory Magnarides on my 2011 GMC Yukon. I found this out when the air part of the rear shocks began to leak. The shocks were fine otherwise at 175,000 miles. I kept wondering why my shocks never needed replacing.

I have an updated set of Magnarides on my 2018 Z07. They are adjustable for driving conditions. There is an Eco mode (whatever this means), a Tour mode, a Sport mode, and a Track mode. I was driving mine in the sport mode. Five bent factory wheels later I switched to Tour. I should have been on Tour the entire time. The Tour mode is much more forgiving in the City. The City is hell on Sport. I still run Sport on the highway, along with my new forged wheels..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.