Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cars back together after the cam install, and finally got to the track. New parts include Matt's stage 2 cam, and a 9.06 lower. Unfortunately ice in the engine bay tank was melted before all runs, the last one was the hottest and ran a 10.799 at 128. Based on the mph for the first two runs tho, I'm hoping it has a 10.6 in there with a better 60".

Attachments

·
Registered
129 Posts
Very impressive!

·
Registered
2011 CTS-V Coupe with a blue wrap. Cam, smaller pulley, larger injectors, methanol injection.
619 Posts
What are you hoping to get the better 60' with? Are you on a MT ET street, or another R compound street tire? The car runs very consistent. I've been wanting to take mine to the track but all we have locally are 1/8 mile tracks. The neaest 1/4 mile track is in Steele about an hour and a half away. What horsepoer level are you at? Mine dyno'd at 664/621 a few weeks ago. I'm wondering how close we are th the same hp levels. Thanks for sharing. Any videos of the runs?

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Before the cam install I had a best 60' of I believe 1.57. I'm running M&H racemasters 275 50r17 on forgestar f14 17x10 wheels. Playing with how much I brake boost or not can net a better 60' its just hard to play with that on regular test and tune nights. I'll try and post some videos, I've been meaning to upload an idle video after the cam but haven't had a chance to get on youtube and upload it.

Mine dyno'd at 637whp, so if your an auto I'd guess you'd be closer to the mid to low 10's

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
What are you hoping to get the better 60' with? Are you on a MT ET street, or another R compound street tire? The car runs very consistent. I've been wanting to take mine to the track but all we have locally are 1/8 mile tracks. The neaest 1/4 mile track is in Steele about an hour and a half away. What horsepoer level are you at? Mine dyno'd at 664/621 a few weeks ago. I'm wondering how close we are th the same hp levels. Thanks for sharing. Any videos of the runs?
Run the 1/8 mile to help refine your technique off the line. There are all kind of things that can affect your E.T. Outside air temp, humidity, IAT (intake air temp), track prep, tire pressure, nerves, etc. It doesn't hurt to practice at the 1/8 mile to figure out the best rpm for your particular V to launch.

That said, when I was (still am) at 612 (618) on 93 I ran consistent 10.9s. I haven't gotten a good run on E85 as my local track was closed last year. However, there can be a large discrepancy on how different dynos read so you can't just compare using those. However, you can compare your 1/8 numbers with the 1/8 numbers from someone else's 1/4 mile.

·
Registered
2011 CTS-V Coupe with a blue wrap. Cam, smaller pulley, larger injectors, methanol injection.
619 Posts
I will buy a set of Mickey Thompson ET streets pretty soon because my NIttos are wearing thin. I will then start going to the Friday night test and tune to practice launching. Thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts