Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
401 - 406 of 406 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
I went through emissions for the last time on my way home from work. They give a smile or frown to indicate pass or fail. I think that "smile" is appropriate for this car passing emissions. About the same face I make when someone is full of shit. I always let out an evil laugh as I pull out if the test bay.

View attachment 154219
You have to go in every 3 months?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #403 ·
Up until this year we had to go yearly. A state law was passed a few years ago to get rid of emissions testing and it took until this year to finalize it all. After January 14, 2021, no more emssions testing for for most counties in TN. Davidson county (Nashville) decided to keep it. I'm in Sumner County, just outside Davidson, so no more testing for me.

·
Registered
281 Posts
How did the fancy new brick work? Any data on the track?

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #405 ·
I took the day off to go with my daughters class on a field trip. But it was canceled at 7:30 this morning due to the chance of rain. It never rained…. Anyway, I used the free time to put the new magnaride front struts on my car and balance the tires.
I’ve never had luck with tire shops balancing my drag radials right so I tried a bubble balancer on recommendation from yellowbullet.com. $85 from harbor freight and a little setup and tweaking and it actually did a decent job. I had quite a bit of vibration above 55 that is now 90% gone. Not perfect, but the tires aren’t perfectly round either. I balanced the skinnies too, they needed more weight than the rears. I wouldn’t use it on my stock wheels, but it’s totally worth it with the drag wheels.

Gas Engineering Nickel Machine Auto part

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #406 ·
How did the fancy new brick work? Any data on the track?

I didn’t even look at IAT’s. If I get my laptop out I’ll look at the logs. But I’m probably going to the 1/4 mile track next Saturday. That will tell the true story.

401 - 406 of 406 Posts