Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

301 - 310 of 310 Posts

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #301
I’m finally replacing the first part I put on this car. The airaid has been good, hopefully this is a decent step up.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Nice looking kit, its pretty cool how it goes from like 4" to 6", I'm interested to find out what kind of gains you get over the airaid

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #303
I’ll see what I can do for A to B testing. I doubt the airaid will ever see a dyno again and I have no idea what my car makes currently.

I might do a same day swap with the airaid at the track. I’ll have to tune the maf with the DDP, see how fast I can make it run then swap the airaid back on (with old maf curve) and see what it does.

Reactions: random84

·
Super Moderator
17,090 Posts
That 3D printing looks strange.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #305
That 3D printing looks strange.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If you are used to a commercial grade protoyping 3D printer, it is likely SLA and makes very smooth parts with <0.1mm layer thickness. This was printed on an FDM machine (high end one at that) with probably 0.3-0.5mm thick layers. I had a cheap FDM printer and knowing what I know about them now, this intake is pretty nice.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #307
High priority job done! I had to make some longer ball studs for the engine cover after putting the lid spacer on. I also got a new a/c belt on.

And I got the DDP intake installed.

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
Yea there are better finish quality’s out there, it just involves a machine that is inaccessible to the average farm boy.

I’m curious what the DDP would flow in HP PA12 nylon. It’s sick stuff. Just checkout:

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #310
I made my first passes since doing all the blower port work, ID1300's, ddp intake and lid spacer stuff this spring. I went to my local 1/8th mile track on a street car night. Typically I can cut 1.4x 60's with the occasional spin later at night once the dew settles in. This track does one session of prep when they open usually and it gets worse throughout the night. Last night apparently they did none. I think the owner is trying to save money to stay afloat after being shut down for months earlier this year.

First pass was a test to get a datalog. I had tuned all of the maf curve up to 9000hz on the street and wanted to do the rest at the track. The car spun instantly off the line and I pedalled it. When I pedal, it usually upshifts to 2nd or 3rd. So it didn't recover well.
60' 1.907, [email protected]

The tune close, I had to pull 8% across the board in the maf curve above 9k hz. The car runs great with the new DDP intake and a dialed in maf curve (+- 1.5% error). Map was 207kpa in 2800'
DA. I would typically see 201-203 in similar air last year. And g/cyl moved up enough to get me into my safe timing area and only had 20* total. I had some pulled for safety anyway, so I added 2* back in.

Next pass, spun and pedaled again. 1.72 60', [email protected] A/F was ~1% rich and timing was 23*. In 2800' air I would typically run 107mph on a perfect pass (6.4-6.5 with 1.4x 60'). So with a bad pedaling pass running more mph is a good sign.

Last pass 1.87, 7.15 @107. I left off idle and this was the worst spin of the night.

Overall, the tune is pretty good now. I'll work on adding timing once the weather improves. I'm going to have to go to a better track to get the car to hook. I think there are some 6.2, maybe 6.1's in there doing some ricer math on my 160+ pass spreadsheet.

301 - 310 of 310 Posts