I bet anyone could jump in mine and probably run quicker. I’m fat.
You just put it in the lights, stand on the brakes, throttle it to 1500rpm, then full throttle as fast as possible while coming off the brakes. Don’t let off for 9.8 seconds. It’s the tuning I’ve done and good weather that has gotten it there.
I finally looked at the datalog. Boost was 207kpa (15.5lbs). A/F was a little lean (.81-.83) in 1st and 2nd, but in 3rd and 4th it was .77-.79, commanding .78. Timing was 23-24 which is probably right on for that boost level. I left at 1900rpm . Injector duty cycle was 94% since A/F was right on. There was nothing left in that run.
I sold my jokerz blower a while back and decided to port more on my stock blower that I had ported a couple years ago. The jokerz hand ported chaos blower wasn't any faster than this was.
In round 2 of porting: I did a port match to my cnc ls3 heads and some more work in the inlet (still 90mm). I’ll call this the ”Rona port”. I also bought an LS2 throttle body a while back and ported it. I'm waiting on new case bearings and a milling cutter to finish it up. I've got a little work left to do to the case that I'll do in a mill. I'm also doing a little more port work and some tricks to the lid. I'm not sure how much this will all help, but it can't hurt.
I decided to try a lid spacer, this and some milling of the lid and water manifold allows me to space the brick off the lid 1/8", one of the lid tricks talked about above. FI interchillers 10mm spacer. It's pretty nice with all the o-rings and priced well in comparison to the other options.
I've also been building up my stash of bottom end rebuild parts. I went with some flat top wiseco pistons to get the compression up. This shortblock build will have to wait a few months. We were looking for a new house before all this virus crap hit. That has been put on hold until everything passes. I certainly don’t want to pull my car apart until after we’re settled into a new house.
Final revision of the blower. I opened the inlet for a 102 and purchased another NW 102 boosted. I added a 3/8" radius to the inlet to the runners. There were a couple rounds of improvement on the inlet since the last set of pictures, but it's hard to notice if you don't know what to look for. I re-assembled it today with new case bearings.
I also finished up the lid, I removed the bracing on the standoffs and made them more aerodynamic.
I've also been able to make some fuel system upgrades. I was at 94% duty cycle on the ID1050's on my 9.84 pass. Not running out of fuel, but no room for growth. I was able to score a great deal on a set of ID1300x2's. Then MYV made me an offer I couldn't refuse on his fuel tank, pump assembly, DW300c pumps and Adam's stage 2 fuel hat. I'll stash that away for a project to tackle while the motor comes out for rods and pistons. That all may happen soon.