Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
101 - 106 of 106 Posts

·
Premium Member
2009 Sedan
612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #101 ·
I took the snap ring off the shaft so it was easier to mark the line from center of trunnion and center of the tip, then put it back together.
Crankset Camera lens Finger Water bottle Material property

THAT'S the line I lined up the bottom of the little metal corner bracket with, when I put the level on it.

Light Finger Gauge Cameras & optics Gas

SO, I figure if the top of the stem was level, and then my line is from center to center and the level is dang near the same as it was on the valve stem, it is basically like the Straub video. He stuck a straight edge on the retainer and eye balled it with the mark he made on the rocker arm, which was funny, because in the video, he come up with 2 different numbers when he does it twice. 😆

Hand Wheel Automotive tire Tire Motor vehicle

·
Premium Member
2009 Sedan
612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #105 ·
Finally got stuff lined up to install my @adam112 setup.

I pulled the seat out last Wednesday, hoping that Speed Inc had cut the floor for me already when they had the car. Nope.

Motor vehicle Hood Vehicle Automotive design Automotive tire

I ordered a sheet metal bit for an air chisel from Adam's advice. Then I ordered a hatch cover from Mont. Both packages showed up yesterday, so today I set out to get everything wrapped up.

It didn't happen.

I have a Chief air hammer from Harbor Poop, and it is looong. The chisel bit I got was looong too. I followed the instructions with the cover and set out. I drilled my pilot holes and could only use the dang thing on 1 cut. It DID work awesome and quick just as Adam said it would. The rest I had to use red and green tin snips. It wasn't horrible, just more time consuming.

Motor vehicle Hood Trunk Vehicle door Electrical wiring

I got the ring off pretty easy with a big brass punch and hammer, then pulled the bucket out. I came inside to watch Adam's install video again, (which is a pretty awesome idea) then came back outside to put everything together, only to find out from Adam again, that this Squash kit has a ZL1 fuel level sensor.

Gas Engineering Circuit component Machine Computer hardware

I needed a stock setup, so I ordered one from RockAuto. Now I wait for THAT.

·
Premium Member
2009 Sedan
612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #106 ·
In case anybody needs a cover for the fuel pump, I found out that Mont sells a fenfabrication hat for $50 more than the actual manufacturer sells it. 😔 SO, keep that in mind if you need one.

101 - 106 of 106 Posts