Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So last time I was cleaning my wheels I noticed my front rotors had lines in them and I just thought it was like a dust line from where the pad had set or something. Weeks later I look again and the lines are still there. Now I'm almost thinking it's the casting rib on the inside of the rotor showing. Is this a void in the casting of the rotor or are these cracks? Any thoughts on these?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
15,017 Posts
So last time I was cleaning my wheels I noticed my front rotors had lines in them and I just thought it was like a dust line from where the pad had set or something. Weeks later I look again and the lines are still there. Now I'm almost thinking it's the casting rib on the inside of the rotor showing. Is this a void in the casting of the rotor or are these cracks? Any thoughts on these?
Rust marks from the center line of the pads having moisture trapped when you park. It will wear off.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

ETA: may be I'm missing what you're saying: are those marks symmetrical around the rotor face and aligned with the vanes? If that's the question then I dunno... it doesn't look like cracks - perhaps casting variances. I wouldn't personally worry but I would monitor them.

·
Registered
3,170 Posts
I don't see cracks, but I would mic them and see what thethickness is.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
The vanes in a 2 piece rotor are curved. That's just rust marks from the gap in your pad (pic above).

·
Premium Member
4,292 Posts
can you run a finger nail over it and feel a click? If you color it perpendicular with a pencil, does it fill and darken with lead dust? If not, it's a stain from the pads like others have said.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts