Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,878 Posts
I am.

·
Premium Member
2,878 Posts
I would say because of the cam you would be fine on the stock heads. Of course, porting them would help but not absolutely necessary by any means. Make sure you have the proper cooling mods and you should be good to go. Porting the blower isn't important.

Reactions: MYV

·
Premium Member
2,878 Posts
I would also recommend a new oil pump, chain, chain dampener, springs, trunion upgrade, and lifters...

·
Premium Member
104 Posts
I have that combo, but am still putting it together. I also have a track attack and Norcal underhood tank. I would have loved to do heads and ported supercharger while I had it apart, but ran out of cashola. That will be next year's project.

·
Registered
340 Posts
I'm running that combo and putting about 15.5 psi but it ends up dropping. I'm trying to diagnose if it's belt slip or efficiency at this point

·
Registered
648 Posts
Hi everyone. I know that altitude and other factors will play a role but for those of you running this setup how much boost are you seeing? I currently have a 2.38 with all the cooling mods and I'm seeing 14psi at WOT with stock heads and cam. (Mods are all in my sig)

I have an 8.6 lower and a new IW Balancer sitting in a box waiting until I'm ready to install a cam. I'm fairly certain that with a cam, aftermarket heads, E85 and 8.6 lower the boost will not be so high to where I'm just moving hot air through the motor. Although it's not a concern there is still that what-if scenario playing the back of my mind.

·
Registered
340 Posts
with a cam and heads, with E85 I would certainly run the 8.6 lower.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Yes that's the plan. If the boost happens to be to high I'll just move to a larger supercharger pulley.

Do your remember how much boost you were making before the cam, ported heads and 8.6 lower? I'm just curious.

If you haven't already, check your upper pulley for dust and debris. That's usually a telltale sign of belt slippage. I''m using the same Griptech as you with a green belt and no slippage so far.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Yes that's the plan. If the boost happens to be to high I'll just move to a larger supercharger pulley.

Do your remember how much boost you were making before the cam, ported heads and 8.6 lower? I'm just curious.

If you haven't already, check your upper pulley for dust and debris. That's usually a telltale sign of belt slippage. I''m using the same Griptech as you with a green belt and no slippage so far.
I had the 2.38 alone with stock heads and cam and no slip. I don't see any debris on the belt, but my boost drops a couple of psi at higher rpm, which ive seen people report as efficiency

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
340 Posts
I looked up an old log and I was about 16.5 psi without cam and heads

1 - 14 of 14 Posts