Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is this too much of a pulley combo? I currently just had a forged LSA Built, 9:5:1 compression, Diamond pistons, Callie rods, stock crank, BTR Stage 3 PDS Cam, Stock heads. I just bought a rebuilt ported blower that has a 2.35 griptech and ported snout. I’m not sure if that will be over spinning the blower or not. I feel like that combo just might. I have a 2.5 pulley from my other blower. I can change them out, just curious on people thoughts if that combo in the title would be too aggressive or my supporting mods would be good to handle it?

·
Registered
781 Posts
On stock heads that pulley combo should produce a lot of boost and heat. You can install it and get a log tracking boost levels and IAT2 levels. It's on the upper end of spinning these blowers, but it's been done. I'd think the 2.5" pulley with that lower would be a better fit for stock heads. Are you on E or pump 91/93? The E would help with potential knock produced by the high IAT2 with that pulley combo....just a thought.

I'm about to run a 2.35/9.5" combo....but that's on a 427, ported heads and cam setup. with a 2.5/9.5" combo I only made 12psi.

I'd give it a shot, while logging with HPT.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
On stock heads that pulley combo should produce a lot of boost and heat. You can install it and get a log tracking boost levels and IAT2 levels. It's on the upper end of spinning these blowers, but it's been done. I'd think the 2.5" pulley with that lower would be a better fit for stock heads. Are you on E or pump 91/93? The E would help with potential knock produced by the high IAT2 with that pulley combo....just a thought.

I'm about to run a 2.35/9.5" combo....but that's on a 427, ported heads and cam setup. with a 2.5/9.5" combo I only made 12psi.

I'd give it a shot, while logging with HPT.
I figured it may produce to much heat because of the stock heads didn’t know if my added compression, cam, rebuilt ported blower would have any effect to that. But I’ll def log some IATs and see what I’m at

·
Super Moderator
20,842 Posts
Cam will bleed some boost/heat, compression won’t matter on heat of intake air. Porter blower adds more heat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts