Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am currently running 19X12 Forgestar F14's on the rear, but I don't like the lack of grip of the Nitto NT-05R's in 345's or there $500 each price tag, I want to get the added sidewall of the 345 MT drags in a 18".

Has anybody Fitted a 18x12 Forgestar F14 on a coupe? if so what offset you go with?

·
Premium Member
838 Posts
I see you have a Stealth and a Viper. Are you possibly in the Alamogordo NM area?

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bro, you're making over 900 to the tires?? I think you need to look at the 15" wheel conversion.

Yes but that's only on the NOS, it only makes mid 750son boost alone on the street. I have welds with 17's for the track, looking for more traction on the street wheels.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I see you have a Stealth and a Viper. Are you possibly in the Alamogordo NM area?

I need to update my signature I no longer Own that Viper, but yes I do live in Alamogordo NM

·
Premium Member
838 Posts
I remember you from the 3si site from over 15 years ago when GT357's were the latest rage on the T/T's. I bought quite a few parts from you and watched you run here in Roswell in your Stealth back when you were running mid 11's.

Sounds like you've made tons of progress since those days!

Do you still have a shop there in Alamogordo?

·
Premium Member
838 Posts
Do your 19's come close to touching anywhere on the back side? I would think that if the 19's have plenty of clearance on the back that 18's in the same width and offset as the 19's would work.

·
Premium Member
171 Posts
I need to update my signature I no longer Own that Viper, but yes I do live in Alamogordo NM
Small world, I was stationed there back in the mid 90's. Sold my bright yellow 64 Pontiac tempest (roller) to a fella who had a machine shop there. Regretted selling it

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I remember you from the 3si site from over 15 years ago when GT357's were the latest rage on the T/T's. I bought quite a few parts from you and watched you run here in Roswell in your Stealth back when you were running mid 11's.

Sounds like you've made tons of progress since those days!

Do you still have a shop there in Alamogordo?

Ya that's me lol

Ya I got the Stealth into the 8's back about 12 yrs ago, Stick shift!:)

I was just in Roswell a week ago running my Tesla, it ran [email protected] 100% stock.

Do your 19's come close to touching anywhere on the back side? I would think that if the 19's have plenty of clearance on the back that 18's in the same width and offset as the 19's would work.

Ya the 19's fit fine, I was more worried about the 18's in the forge starts hitting the brakes than the tires clearing. You know how wheels some times change the curve of everything between sizes.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Small world, I was stationed there back in the mid 90's. Sold my bright yellow 64 Pontiac tempest (roller) to a fella who had a machine shop there. Regretted selling it

Probably Bobby Biggs? At Biggs Auto Machine

·
Premium Member
171 Posts
Probably Bobby Biggs? At Biggs Auto Machine
Yep, that's him. He still around and doing ok? Sorry, we got way off track with your wheel question. I can't help in that regard, but I'm interested in what you find out as I also have a coupe and want to step up the wheel/tire combo. I would love to see what those wheels look like on your car, got any pic's you can post up?

·
Premium Member
838 Posts
That's awesome about the Tesla Matt! Glad to hear that the track here is still 1/4 mile. Someone told me a few months ago that it was 1/8th only.

I need to take my coupe there soon! If you bring your coupe down to run, lemme know.

·
Premium Member
838 Posts
Out of curiosity, do you have a dyno at your shop? If not, is there one in the area there?

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Yep, that's him. He still around and doing ok? Sorry, we got way off track with your wheel question. I can't help in that regard, but I'm interested in what you find out as I also have a coupe and want to step up the wheel/tire combo. I would love to see what those wheels look like on your car, got any pic's you can post up?
Ya he is

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
That's awesome about the Tesla Matt! Glad to hear that the track here is still 1/4 mile. Someone told me a few months ago that it was 1/8th only.

I need to take my coupe there soon! If you bring your coupe down to run, lemme know.

They only do Points races in the 1/8 mile for there bracket racing that just because that's what most bracket cars are now. They still run 1/4 mile for the TNT stuff.

Out of curiosity, do you have a dyno at your shop? If not, is there one in the area there?

Quite A few of them in El Paso and Albq. now take your pick, even 2 of them in Las Cruces.. if you need AWD Southwest speed in Albq.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Do you have a pic view from the back? You said those were 345s with those Forgestars? Any fitment probs with those or just put them on and go? Sorry for the shotgun questions. Just got put on mandatory work-from-home and flipping back and forth from work to the site. When in the office I can't access the site so Im like a kid in a candy store now! ha

1 - 19 of 19 Posts