Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
I built my trans using all the parts I could get from PATC, using their Level-4 kit, billet lockup converter, and Sonnax kit. I'm running about 800 RWHP daily, and it has been working well with daily beatings for around 10k miles so far.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I built my trans using all the parts I could get from PATC, using their Level-4 kit, billet lockup converter, and Sonnax kit. I'm running about 800 RWHP daily, and it has been working well with daily beatings for around 10k miles so far.
I know the tranny tune can make a big difference on the life of the transmission(TQ managmnt) but I was under the assumption our cars can handle ~850whp in stock form.
Or what seems to be the breaking point ?

·
Registered
965 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I know the tranny tune can make a big difference on the life of the transmission(TQ managmnt) but I was under the assumption our cars can handle ~850whp in stock form.
Or what seems to be the breaking point ?
Yes they can handle that. In good shape I’ve had them 12-1300 in stock form. But the pressures to make the shifts in a car you race frequently is what will eventually break the shaft as well as the planet. Also maintaining a shift at that power over extended periods gets less likely as it can only supply proper pressure so fast. This is part of what we had to modify to achieve the shift times at our 1700 hp level

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

21 - 25 of 25 Posts