Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So as many know I have been pushing the 6l90 to see what it will hold and how fast it will go, as well as pulling it to inspect and measure for any wear. Well so far we secured the record at [email protected] with car shutting down a pinch short of 900 ft due to a fueling issue. 26 passes on this unit from 1250 hp to 1700 hp. Blown away to see absolutely zero glazing or clutch material missing from any clutch pack. Just when I feel like we reached the limit of this unit it keeps amazing me. Just thought I’d share for you guys and gals that have lost faith in the 6l and really don’t want to have to change it out. Feel free to discuss.
IMG_5276.JPG
IMG_5275.JPG
IMG_5274.JPG
IMG_5273.JPG
IMG_5271.JPG
IMG_5270.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Premium Member
970 Posts
I'm always amazed at the number of parts inside a transmission. Don't think I'd be able to rebuild one on my own though I've never tried and hope I never have to.

Reactions: Blades1_99

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
IMO the 6l90 has the same stoutness as the stock 1.9 tvs . in stock form they rarely break and even heavily modded , they just keep going.

though its nice to see they are handling the power now with good tuning.

Reactions: MYV

·
Premium Member
979 Posts
How are the carrier/shaft bushings? Glad to see them hold.....cause I don't want to ever move to another trans.

·
Registered
2,085 Posts

·
"V"roooooom
53 Posts
Justin, is this through an auto, manual or both?

·
Premium Member
2,912 Posts
The whole point of the thread is, auto.

·
Registered
2,653 Posts

·
"V"roooooom
53 Posts
Haha, what I was meaning that is this through the auto (6l90) only or if Justin had any experience with the manual (tr6060) being as tough

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Haha, what I was meaning that is this through the auto (6l90) only or if Justin had any experience with the manual (tr6060) being as tough

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
I’ve put about 1200 through the manuals. But they seem to not like it very long. I’m sure there are upgrades ones that will take it but unfortunately not my wheel house of expertise

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
This is also a circle D built transmission.
Actually, the transmissions was built by me, they built my wife’s trans after she got the record at [email protected] with a stock clutch trans I built.

As far as this specific unit, I built it at my shop. Before making the trip to Maryland I brought it to circle do so we could document the build as it’s going to be our stage 5 unit. So yes they have had it apart but its still a joint effort.

·
Premium Member
2,575 Posts
So as many know I have been pushing the 6l90 to see what it will hold and how fast it will go, as well as pulling it to inspect and measure for any wear. Well so far we secured the record at [email protected] with car shutting down a pinch short of 900 ft due to a fueling issue. 26 passes on this unit from 1250 hp to 1700 hp. Blown away to see absolutely zero glazing or clutch material missing from any clutch pack. Just when I feel like we reached the limit of this unit it keeps amazing me. Just thought I’d share for you guys and gals that have lost faith in the 6l and really don’t want to have to change it out. Feel free to discuss. View attachment 148702 View attachment 148701 View attachment 148700 View attachment 148699 View attachment 148698 View attachment 148697

Thanks for the post. Makes feel more comfortable at half your power!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts