Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long story short.. hellcat was almost neck and neck but I inched by him, everything else was no chance. The gtr was quick but i pulled on it.

My car 2.4 8.66 lt1z stage 1 cam. Air raid. Test pipes.

Great fun ! followed by in n out! and only 4 or so cops cruising thru the parking lot to eyefukk us!

·
Registered
54 Posts
How are you liking that stage 1 cam? I'm on the fence, debating between the LS9 and stage 1.

·
Registered
782 Posts
I went Stage 1, like it, but it is my wife’s daily driver. Easier on the springs was another consideration. If I could do it over I’d cal LT1Z for one of his cams. Don’t do a LS9, too much work for minimal gain, and there is much you are leaving on the table that is safely obtainable.

OP - nice job!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Definitely a nice W, against all those rigs. Good stuff, OP. Really got me thinking about pulling the trigger on the stage 1.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Stage 1 cam > ls9. If I had to do it again would do stage 2 and headers instead of 1 and test pipes. I’m sure I’m leaving some horsepower on the table with the stage 1and test pipes but it’s a very dd friendly torquey setup.

Lt1z not only has rock solid cams but he is next level for customer service, easiest vendor I’ve ever dealt with. ( mont motorsports also great)

Was going to post the cliche lineup of cars in industrial park but One of the guys didn’t want me to post pic.....guess who.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I am running the LS9 cam and making over 700 to the wheels. I chose it for the close to stock sound and ease on the drive train. I am sure I left plenty of power on the table but with the power I have I can only put it to full use from a roll on the street. As for the cost of a cam install, it was not a factor; the motor was out of the car getting rebuilt when I decided to go with this cam.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Long story short.. hellcat was almost neck and neck but I inched by him, everything else was no chance. The gtr was quick but i pulled on it.

My car 2.4 8.66 lt1z stage 1 cam. Air raid. Test pipes.

Great fun ! followed by in n out! and only 4 or so cops cruising thru the parking lot to eyefukk us!
Nice runs. I never hear of hellcats doing anything impressive but I still love those cars. Any idea what was done to the GT-R?

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hellcats Are 650 whp with a badass automatic transmission. Same weight as v. Only problem is the 275s. The gtr was stock.

I hope you see this Matt. Bout the 1000th thread that’s turned into a lt1z cam discussion...;)

·
Registered
418 Posts
Nice runs. I never hear of hellcats doing anything impressive but I still love those cars. Any idea what was done to the GT-R?
Not sure what is considered impresive, but my h/C ran 11.0 @127, 1.7 sixty, bone stock, in 86 degree weather and my car was stuck on track mode due to a bad shock. Now that it's fixed, I can launch better due to better weight distribution. I know I can get a 10.8 on a cool day. My V went 11.8 @118 bone stock and 10.5 @130 with BTR stage 2 cam, 2.4, injectors, cai and tune. Both with Nitto Drag radials. I'm sure upper pulley, injectors and tune will put me at 10.0 @135. Lower pulley and e85 will probably bring me to 9.8s @140. Been doing this for a couple decades now and if this isn't impressive, then you need to just upgrade to a Mclaren.

The V platform is and will always be impressive, but the H/C transmission and the ability to custom your shifts and etc. this car is great for it's price. ZL1, V2, V3, Z06, and the Hellcats are all very impressive and allows us car guys to pick our platform. Hell, the 2018 Mustang 5.0 is a beast! I watched one run 12.3s at 117!! That is sick for a N/A car from the factory. The guy had white plates on. Brand new

1 - 11 of 11 Posts