Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Vendor
1,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fits sedan, coupe, and wagon

I've got quite a bit of .125 aluminum in stock and I'll be making them from that from now on, saving the cost of powder coating.

I have like 4 more in powder but I'll take $120 for those too.

Saves massive time accessing the v2 fuel system, and creates quick future access.

Includes instructions on where to cut, how to install, hatch cover, rubber seal, and required hardware.

Have a good wk end peeps!

·
Vendor
1,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I originally made them out of steel, which needed coated to avoid corrosion. But in an effort to lower cost, I switched to Aluminum to eliminate the cost/need to powder coat.

·
Premium Member
6,563 Posts
Sent you an email, i want one!

***edit: Change in plans, might not need it now.

·
Premium Member
748 Posts
Justin, just ordered one today, and hoping you can overnight it. Just let me know the additional shipping and I will paypal you. I sent you a PM earlier today too. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
748 Posts
I have the patience of a 3 year old, and Justin jumped on my order today to send overnight, outside his normal process. Great service!

Thanks again.

Reactions: 555ctsv

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
I have the patience of a 3 year old, and Justin jumped on my order today to send overnight, outside his normal process. Great service!

Thanks again.
He has such a tight V. Stand-up guy.

Reactions: jlinks

·
Registered
8 Posts
Mine was ordered today. Getting ready to start reassembling my build.

ERL block LS427 LS3 by Mike Lough Racing Engines, TFS 255 Frankenstein heads w/2.2in intake valves, Squash fuel pump system, pre and post boost methanol injection system, ID1000s, ported stock blower & snout, NW 102MM TB, 4.5in intake tube, Ceramic coated Kooks long tubes w/2in primaries, ZL1 lid w/lid spacer for methanol nozzles/checkvalves....and much, much more.

Special thanks to all the guys on this forum for providing their information and opinions.

Lurking and learning for months. Hope to be able to share soon, with everyone.

Rick McCrady

·
9 Second Club
1,931 Posts
What do these look like, any install pics? I might have to do this. I had a Fore Innovations fuel system installed which cost me I think it was $1700 in labor. I was just driving down the road the other day and the car started bucking and going in and out of power. Pulled over and it died and wouldn't start again. Had to tow the car 2 hours to get it back home, was a great night arriving home finally at 3am after getting the logistics squared away to get it home. I disconnected my primary fuel pump wiring (3 pump system) from the FC3 fuel controller and jumped power to battery and the pump didn't turn on, disconnected another pump and did the same and it worked so either the pump went bad which is the F90000265 listed on Fore's site or the wiring for that specific pump went bad.

This is really frustrating since it is such a huge deal labor and/or money to get at the pumps so I think this may be the only option right now is to cut a hole and patch it with an access cover.

·
Premium Member
17,378 Posts
I think it's a no brainer to do the hatch, it will never be seen unless you make it a practice of taking out your back seat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Karch

·
Super Moderator
21,312 Posts
I think it's a no brainer to do the hatch, it will never be seen unless you make it a practice of taking out your back seat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
^^^This.

Really makes access easy. I've had mine off three times now.

Sent from my local E85 station.

·
Vendor
1,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Thanks for the kind words guys much appreciated. I'm all out of the powder coated versions of these and won't be making anymore unless specifically requested. I have them in stock in 1/8 inch aluminum. Easier to bend, drill, and doesn't rust. Plus left overs from blizzard boxes were perfect lol..

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Justin, do you have instructions on where to make cuts for this on a coupe?

Thanks

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
@Lionheart_CHP I’d be happy to assist Sir. Merican has been off the map a while.

Only challenge currently is I no longer own a V and my internet is out (ice storm), So marking up a pic or sharing one is difficult.

I’ll help you, you just make me some money on stocks lol.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Appreciate it!!

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Reactions: adam112
1 - 20 of 25 Posts