Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night I had a chance to take the V out for my 1st time at the drag strip this year and my 1st time in a RWD car. This was on stock size Continental Extreme contact tires. Pretty happy about my MPH with my little mod list. 2.5upper,Mid pipe no cats, New era intake and tune by me, but the ET is way off. Thought I should be able to get sub 2.0 60ft but no matter how many different ways I tried I could not. Hopping on a warmer non green track I can get the street tires to work a little better. Some DR or Slicks will be coming soon :) Was in the 40s and there was VHT which I has seen make things almost worse when supper cold.

Started off with a 13.1 after dropping the pressure to 18psi in the rear tires and taking off in 2nd gear I had my best passes. Made 17 passes. I ended up running my best times with the Traction control totlay off. I started off in competitive mode but had better ET with it off.

I also found my IAT's stayed better if I hot lapped the car really seemed like the HX really headed up in the pits. Going to play with the fans being on sooner to help with the HX. My IAT's dropped as I made my pass. May also try the break duct mod and block the fan flow from the radiator.

Talked with my track manger and his take on the new 2008 rule after there NHRA metting is any mod at all makes the car a no go for not cage :( Even exhaust, I beat him up a bit on how they would decide what is a mod or not. He acted pretty upset with the NHRA making such a vague rule. Hopping I can get him to work with me some. He said slicks for sure would but me in the cage rule so it has me on the DR tire idea to hope and not push them to far on the rule.

I feel I may be able to sway him if I can prove other tracks are not this harsh. To me it should not say 2008 it should be a list of cars and the ET ranges they can run. Since there are only a hand full that run sub 11.5s off the show room floor

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
A few of my lame time slips

·
8s are the new 9s
4,147 Posts
Get the DRs. With a 1.6 60', you'll make a low 11 sec pass. Dip into the 1.5s on the 60 and you mave have a 10 second ride. Just drive to the track on the DRs. They can't ding you for street tires. Getting the power down its rwd vs awd is a bit more complex;)

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Was at our other local track testing a new clutch in the EVO ended up with a [email protected] in my street EVO. The track was in way better shape then when I ran the V on Friday so I switched up cars in the after noon. Right out of the gate I ran [email protected] the car was dead hooked now in 2nd gear. On the 3rd pass I move to 1st gear and it still hooked. Ended up with a [email protected] Was pretty happy with the end results today over Friday.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
223 Posts

·
Registered
408 Posts
hey what track did you go to? I'm planning on going to the track soon for the first time, but just realized your in Camas which is really far away and I'll probably be going to kent.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My good passes were at Woodburn drag strip.

When I was at Portland I had to launch 2nd to do anything but I ended up launching 1st at Woodbrun which is when I ran my 11.5. I felt like with my current mods and stock converter I was almost full WOT and dead hooked. So unless I was on some TQ table I have not learned yet I would think I need a little more pulley to get her out much harder but I guess my current combo is perfict for the street tires. My injectors just got here and I have a 9.0in pulley on the way so that should make a difference :)

PR would be best choice for Seattle area Drag strip. I do make it up to that track a few times a year for racing.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Here is a little video of my 1st weekend racing. The CTS-v and my EVO would make for a good race. To bad I cant drive them both at the same time

1 - 12 of 12 Posts