Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Considering my car will be on 93 octane pump gas 99% of the time if I go straight to the 1000's will there be any issues with getting the engine to idle?

If it's going to be a problem I'll drop down to the 850's and skip the idea of a flex fuel kit and tune and just stick with 93 100% of the time.

I'd love to go E85 full time but the closest station is 20 miles away and the next one after that is 20 more miles away so it's a novelty that I can live without if the 1000's will not idle well on 93.

Mods: Low Mount HX, Air Raid, 2.55 Upper Pulley, 9.17 Lower Pulley, Ported Snout and Ported Blower.

·
Registered
642 Posts
Considering my car will be on 93 octane pump gas 99% of the time if I go straight to the 1000's will there be any issues with getting the engine to idle?

If it's going to be a problem I'll drop down to the 850's and skip the idea of a flex fuel kit and tune and just stick with 93 100% of the time.

I'd love to go E85 full time but the closest station is 20 miles away and the next one after that is 20 more miles away so it's a novelty that I can live without if the 1000's will not idle well on 93.

Mods: Low Mount HX, Air Raid, 2.55 Upper Pulley, 9.17 Lower Pulley, Ported Snout and Ported Blower.
your not going to have any idle issues, I’m running 1050x on 93. Most people go big to begin with would just be a matter of the duty cycle depending on size. Lots of people go straight to 1300’s to accommodate future mods so you don’t have to buy twice if you change your mind

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ordered FIC 1000's today. Thanks!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Go 1000 off the bat
Yep, ordered them and they already arrived. Still waiting on a couple other parts then I'll schedule the Dyno time with my tuner.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts