Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
10.154 @ 138.22mph in my Wagon. Looking for 9's. Thoughts?

Sold my black coupe and picked up my wagon a few months ago... made it out to the track yesterday (Famoso Raceway in Bakersfield CA). Had a couple clean passes.

Currently on Mickey Thompson ET Street SS 275-45-18 (C5 Z06 wheels). Launching off idle. Any higher would spin and kill my 60'.

Would a 17" setup (305-45-17) be that much more significant?
A full race slick (M&H makes a 28x10.5x18 slick)?
Install stock springs before hitting the track (car is lowered)?
Disconnect front sway bar end links?

Very pleased with how she did, but was wondering what my fellow drag racers had in mind that could put me over the edge and be happily kicked off a track here :cool:

Thanks guys!

Allen

Attachments

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
BTR stage 3 cam
E85 flex fuel, auxiliary fuel pump
Kooks headers, dual 3" exhaust
WCCH ported heads, springs, lifters, etc
Ported blower and snout
2.5 upper, 9.5 lower
102mm TB, 5" intake
Track Attack HX, 3/4 lines, BMR box, varimax pump
Eibach lowering springs (coupe)

Might be missing some small stuff here and there, but that's gotta be most of it.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Sold my black coupe and picked up my wagon a few months ago... made it out to the track yesterday (Famoso Raceway in Bakersfield CA). Had a couple clean passes.

Currently on Mickey Thompson ET Street SS 275-45-18 (C5 Z06 wheels). Launching off idle. Any higher would spin and kill my 60'.

Would a 17" setup (305-45-17) be that much more significant?
A full race slick (M&H makes a 28x10.5x18 slick)?
Install stock springs before hitting the track (car is lowered)?
Disconnect front sway bar end links?

Very pleased with how she did, but was wondering what my fellow drag racers had in mind that could put me over the edge and be happily kicked off a track here :cool:

Thanks guys!

Allen
I went back to stock springs because I was having trouble getting my car to hook. When I went back to stock I went to the 17 inch welds. After I did that, the car hooked fine. I have personally never disconnected the front sway bar, but some sayb it helps, others say it doesn't, so trial and error I guess.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

·
2X 9 second club
11,148 Posts
certainly stock springs and 17 inch ET-R's will make a big difference. I personally saw improvements from disconnecting the sway bar, but I hated the noise it made driving around everyday with the endlinks off.

·
Registered
5,644 Posts
what was your 60 foot?

pull the passenger seat out of it and the rears come out quick also.

·
Registered
348 Posts
I have the M+H 18" slicks and they seem to hook for me, but I also don't have a s3 cam or headers or heads. Where you on e85? I am basically bolt ons and pulleys and went [email protected] on e50 with front runners and [email protected] with e65 and no skinnys.

I think stock springs and right Tire pressure should net you what your looking for. I'm shooting for 9s on 18's and I dont see why its not feasible for you unless the DA is just terrible.

·
Registered
689 Posts
What 3" do you have?

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I went back to stock springs because I was having trouble getting my car to hook. When I went back to stock I went to the 17 inch welds. After I did that, the car hooked fine. I have personally never disconnected the front sway bar, but some sayb it helps, others say it doesn't, so trial and error I guess.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
Great input . Out of four runs , the car only hooked once . Famoso is usually prepped very well too. Forgestar drag wheels with 17" MT's are pretty reasonably priced these days too. Might order a set.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
certainly stock springs and 17 inch ET-R's will make a big difference. I personally saw improvements from disconnecting the sway bar, but I hated the noise it made driving around everyday with the endlinks off.
That's what I've been reading as well. I'd do it just for a track day , probably not drive around with them disconnected . What was your 60' improvement with the links removed ?

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Allen, Stock springs will probably make the biggest difference. What tire pressure were you running?
About 17 to 18psi (hot) . ET Street SS 275-45-18. Fenders are cut , so now I should have room for the 305-45-17 ET Street R.

I'm actually on the prowl for stock springs as we speak. Just posted in the WTB section. :)

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I have the M+H 18" slicks and they seem to hook for me, but I also don't have a s3 cam or headers or heads. Where you on e85? I am basically bolt ons and pulleys and went [email protected] on e50 with front runners and [email protected] with e65 and no skinnys.

I think stock springs and right Tire pressure should net you what your looking for. I'm shooting for 9s on 18's and I dont see why its not feasible for you unless the DA is just terrible.
DA is terrible between June and September . DA usually hovers around 1000ft or so on cooler days @ Bakersfield. DA last Sunday was at, or around 900ft.

·
Registered
6,513 Posts
Great input . Out of four runs , the car only hooked once . Famoso is usually prepped very well too. Forgestar drag wheels with 17" MT's are pretty reasonably priced these days too. Might order a set.
That's what I've been reading as well. I'd do it just for a track day , probably not drive around with them disconnected . What was your 60' improvement with the links removed ?
Tom @ Izzy Performance . He's great .
1.526 on my only clean run. The other three runs were in the upper 1.5's and low 1.6's.
About 17 to 18psi (hot) . ET Street SS 275-45-18. Fenders are cut , so now I should have room for the 305-45-17 ET Street R.

I'm actually on the prowl for stock springs as we speak. Just posted in the WTB section. :)
DA is terrible between June and September . DA usually hovers around 1000ft or so on cooler days @ Bakersfield. DA last Sunday was at, or around 900ft.
Made my own . 3" mandrel bent all the way back from my kooks headers. Tossed in a couple mufflers and couple resonators to shut her up too :)
The multi-quote function eludes you.

Great pass and beautiful car though.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts